• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator in Bronco Design tub

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
ALL,

I am at this point in my build that I need some ideas about how the radiator was mounted in a Bronco Design tub. Do I use the shelf that came in the tub, or should I shave that off and use the factory style hangers? Thnaks in advance?

v/r,

SevenT

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I am attempting to use the shelf, but I am also running the Explorer radiator....can get some pics for you...

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had to bag the front clip and build my own..

Part of that was because I needed the radiator about 2" farther forward.

First shot was a very early mock up with the BD front clip.

Attachments

• DSCN0194.jpg
    DSCN0194.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 81

SavageBurro

What? A flathead in e.b.?! That's stinking cool. Maybe I'm sheltered but I have neither seen nor heard of one in a bronco before.. let alone one that's supercharged. Kudos for originality.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Radiator in BD tub

Bmc69,

By what you started with, I believe I can make the shelf work for me. Thanks for the pictures. We will see what Tasker has before I decide.

v/r,

SevenT

centex77

If someone has a way to host some pictures (screw you photobucket) I'll show you how I did mine. I cut the shelf off and then built a small metal plate and ran a bolt through that, through the fiberglass, and into a nutsert in the radiator. For the bottom I used factory lower mounts and bolted those to the fiberglass and then ran a bolt through those into a nutsert in the radiator. Doing it this way I was able to get the radiator completely centered on the fan as well as in the opening in the tub.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
.. I have neither seen nor heard of one in a bronco before.. let alone one that's supercharged. Kudos for originality.

Me neither. Thanks. ;D

Back on topic...after doing the front clip on the BD body that I posted the pics of above, I'm thinking about doing something similar with another BD body on my '76 but with a one-piece forward-flip front clip.

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
ALL,

Here are Centex77's pics on how he did the radiator.

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2705.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 33

centex77

Thanks SevenT. Excuse the dust. Cutting fiberglass is a messy process. Can’t wait to cut the fenders out.