• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radius Arm Threads

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
While removing my radius arm with a little "gentle" force I messed up some threads. I had run the nut done onto the threads to give me soemthing to wack, but some how the nut slipped and took out a few threads. I will post a picture tomorrow, but can anyone tell me how much thread needs to be there for the castle nut and codder pin to still work?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Ouch! looks like you still have enough threads to hold it fine since most of the threads that hold it are below the cotter pin hole. you can get a thread file at most autoparts stores it will clean out the damaged parts of the threads enough to get the nut back on. they come in handy every once in a while. good luck

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
You could run a die over it, If you have a local machine shop, they should be able to do it for a few buck, maybe even free. Looks like you still have evough thred, kinda hard to tell without seeing it in person though. Hope it works out.

tabascom16

Loc.
Salisbury, PA
Can't tell from the picture if the threads are salvagable or completely gone. To just play it safe I would just buy a new radius arm. Place an ad in the wanted section here and you can probably get one cheap. I'm sure guys will have extra ones around if they went to aftermarket ones.