• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rampage top issues

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
I just bought a Rampage top from one of the vendors on this site. I have had issues with certain parts of the top. My question is, did any of you guys buy a top and have issues with it? The vendor did all he could to make it right, but it is the supplier, not the vendor.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I had two issues. The first, no big deal, was that the screws were crappy, and the second was that the upper window frame tracks that the softtop tucks into were not trimmed enough to allow the top end seem to tuck into the track.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have had four Rampage tops. Two have been trouble free, two have had issues. The first one the threads in the stiches along the back side seam fell apart after about 3 months, vendor and Rampage helped me out and got a new top less the hardware and all was good. The rampage top on my 70 the strings that go to the zippers to unzip the windows have all broken, not the end of the world but a pain when you are trying to take the windows out. This top has also spent most of its life indoors. The top I put on my 67 a few years ago was problem free and held up well but is inside way more than outside. I have found that all the tops need some kind of tweeking, weather it was adding a few washers to get the rods that support the door opening to line up or bending the rods slightly to have a better fit. None of them have been perfect.

OP
OP
BRONCITIS74

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
My top took some tweaking to get it to fit. The side windows went in as they were supposed to. However, when I got to the back window, the zipper was screwed up and would not zip. I contacted the vendor, who contacted the supplier, and told them my zipper was screwed up. They sent me a new top and the back window was the same as the first top.

Waldo

Contributor
The two outside snaps on my rear window aren't far enough out and can't be connected. No issues otherwise.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry the vendor couldn't get any joy from Rampage, but from what I've heard over the years, calling Rampage directly almost always resulted in a cure for whatever the issue happened to be at the time.
Even just recently someone was saying that the top was stitched wrong (windows crooked if I remember?) and they sort of took care of it.
By "sort of" I mean that they agreed to send them a new top, but did not have any at the time!

Actually I think that person got a good replacement top, but it was in the wrong material. Got a free top out of it, but not the one they wanted. Don't know if Rampage was going to send them another one (correct this time) when they got them in, or if they were stuck.
But at least they were willing to help.

Paul

OP
OP
BRONCITIS74

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
Paul, where would I look for a number to call? The rear window needs the correct zipper.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
The threads on my top came apart on both sides above the bed - stored inside for 6 months of fall/winter yearly and covered outside for 3 years. Had to fight with Rampage to get a replacement top. Well under 1,000 miles (probably less than 500) of use, too. Took the damaged top to an Amish buggy shop to have most seems re-sewn before I sold everything. They used a much heavier quality thread than Rampage uses.

Rampage didn't want to work with me at all - very poor customer service and poor quality materials used. If I would ever buy another top from them, the first thing I would do is take it to the Amish shop to have ALL seams re-stitched before installing it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The rear window needs the correct zipper.
Well I hate to say it, but I doubt you'll get any satisfaction for that aspect. Like any company that orders their product complete from an overseas manufacturer, they rarely if ever get parts individually and so would have nothing to replace your incorrect zipper with. And they do not break items out of kits. Even Dynacorn, who actually did have the individual parts for what we needed (top bows and radiator support braces by themselves) would not break them out of the top-rebuild and radiator core support kits to supply the need. They finally did it about three or four years later, but it took that long just for someone to create a new part number and have more of those parts shipped in from overseas.
I would think that no matter what it looks like, to Rampage the zipper that comes assembled with the top IS the correct zipper.

But I probably should not say that until I know more about your actual issue. How is it wrong, and is it just the pull or the entire zipper assembly that would have to be cut out and re-sewn into the top, or the top replaced because it's defective? Does the side on the window not match the side on the top?
Can it be "fixed" at your end with the right parts, or is it something that would need the whole top replaced?
I daresay they would not send out an entirely new top for a bad zipper, but in an extreme case, such as the top being new and the parts not being usable, they might.

Is it the wrong size, style or shape, or does it not work at all?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oops, sorry. Forgot the number...
This from their website:
Contact page: https://rampageproducts.com/contact
e-mail: support@rampageproducts.com
Phone: 1-800-328-2409

Strange, but the logo and website look different from the last time I checked, and even the phone number seems different. And they're showing in GA now, but I thought they were in CA or somewhere else before.
Sounds suspiciously like they got bought. I hope that does not mean that the Bronco is going to get short shrift yet again when they start getting rid of low volume stuff and concentrating on the big money makers.

Guess I've been out of that part of the industry for too long. Buford GA is where Lund is. But I see a Truck Hero logo at the top of the webpage, so maybe Truck Hero gobbled up the works.
Can't wait to see where that puts us. Down the rabbit hole again most likely.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I tried looking up Lund International and just got Truck Hero and no Lund website. Only references to resellers like Summit and such.
I remember in the nineties when Deflect-a-Shield went on a buying spree and picked up a bunch of companies, and then a few years later they all got bought up by Lund.
Apparently the gobbling up circle is still in full swing.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I just bought a Rampage top from one of the vendors on this site. I have had issues with certain parts of the top. My question is, did any of you guys buy a top and have issues with it? The vendor did all he could to make it right, but it is the supplier, not the vendor.

probably depends on the quality of what you got.. Search the b pillar mod But that's bout the only off thing that could cause issues

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The threads on my top came apart on both sides above the bed - stored inside for 6 months of fall/winter yearly and covered outside for 3 years. Had to fight with Rampage to get a replacement top. Well under 1,000 miles (probably less than 500) of use, too. Took the damaged top to an Amish buggy shop to have most seems re-sewn before I sold everything. They used a much heavier quality thread than Rampage uses.

Rampage didn't want to work with me at all - very poor customer service and poor quality materials used. If I would ever buy another top from them, the first thing I would do is take it to the Amish shop to have ALL seams re-stitched before installing it.

That sux to hear

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oops, sorry. Forgot the number...
This from their website:
Contact page: https://rampageproducts.com/contact
e-mail: support@rampageproducts.com
Phone: 1-800-328-2409

Strange, but the logo and website look different from the last time I checked, and even the phone number seems different. And they're showing in GA now, but I thought they were in CA or somewhere else before.
Sounds suspiciously like they got bought. I hope that does not mean that the Bronco is going to get short shrift yet again when they start getting rid of low volume stuff and concentrating on the big money makers.

Guess I've been out of that part of the industry for too long. Buford GA is where Lund is. But I see a Truck Hero logo at the top of the webpage, so maybe Truck Hero gobbled up the works.
Can't wait to see where that puts us. Down the rabbit hole again most likely.

May as well see where the rabbit hole goes and reach out..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Paul, where would I look for a number to call? The rear window needs the correct zipper.

reach out to the vendor that you worked with.. They may back you up and go through their supplier to get your fix

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think Broncitis mentioned already going that route and not getting any joy from the manufacturer.

OP
OP
BRONCITIS74

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
The issue is that neither the zipper on the top or the one the window have the female end that the zipper plugs into. Note the side window zipper vs. the back window zipper. I'm thinking about going to the Amish to get it fixed. The back window won't stay closed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220421_112247.jpg
    IMG_20220421_112247.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20220421_112842.jpg
    IMG_20220421_112842.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 33

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
at least give em a try .. can't be that expensive w/them right?