• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Seat Help - any ideas?

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Want to have a simple fold and tumble seat. Bought one made by Corbeau from Jeff's bronco graveyard and it's too narrow and requires fabrication on the rear brackets to make it work. Seems like they could solve this with some custom brackets but they would stick out from either wheel well 5 inches from either side and would get in the way with the seat out. Bottom line is I want something that I bolt in myself without having to customize. Also want to be able to remove and not have too many obstructions. Am I asking for too much? Any suggestions?

This is what I have http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-18898_corbeau_safari_rear__black_neoprene.htm

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Got a nice one from WH. It came with brackets that utilize some stock holes, but I think you are supposed to drill some holes in the bed. I used their brackets to give me ideas and made my own to adapt it for my cage spreaders. Fits pretty snuggly between the wheel wells and is pretty comfortable.

Attachments

• P1010108.JPG
    P1010108.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 35
  • P1010125.JPG
    P1010125.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010126.JPG
    P1010126.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
looks good! think tom's has that one as well. I should note that Mark at Bronco Graveyard provided excelent service and said they would have it picked up at no charge.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I believe this is basically an aftermarket jeep seat. If you can find a jeep seat that you think will fit, I will sell/give you the brackets that came with this one...they are otherwise potential scrap and or taking up space...

Hawkdoc

You will be happy with the one from Toms. Mine has been in for the summer and the kids like it. Even the adults have said it is "comfortable" for its size.

Hawkdoc

bludorbronc

A long time back somebody used to make a pin type hold down ,like a hood pin,for the back seat, all you would have to do is pull the snap pins out and the seat was removeable.

72Quarterhorse

Got a nice one from WH. It came with brackets that utilize some stock holes, but I think you are supposed to drill some holes in the bed. I used their brackets to give me ideas and made my own to adapt it for my cage spreaders. Fits pretty snuggly between the wheel wells and is pretty comfortable.

Thats a nice back seat. I cut off all the floor mounts and welded on some 3'' angel iron so that the seat mounts on top of the fenders. removal of the seat takes 2 min. you can see the 4 bolts sticking up through the fenders with a jam nut on the inside of the fender. I use a acorn nut to secure down the seat.

Attachments

• 000_0097.jpg
    000_0097.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 000_0098.jpg
    000_0098.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 000_0106.jpg
    000_0106.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 38

jboomer

Loc.
Havelock, NC
72....that's a great idea on your install! Do the riders sit too high with your seat up like that? What seat is that?

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I used to have a mechanism made by a guy in Canada that essentially put a pivot under the stock seat to get it to flip forward. If I can find a pic I will post it. It was actually a really simple idea and I felt stupid after paying for it when I could have just made one.

Ben