• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear seat locating points

maxwedge528

going to install a rear seat in my 74 EB. there are no apparent holes drilled for the four? seat mounting bolts. i would assume side to side being centered. can someone tell me the distance from the tailgate opening or end of the floor pan to the center of the rear mounting holes? thanks in advance

Broncitis

MEB Founder
If you look closely, there should be small factory dimples in the floor where they holes are to be drilled on the line if the Bronco got that configuration.

We are doing final body work on an original frame off resto now and are taking care not to let them get lost with the layers of primer and paint.

There were also dimples for the front buckets as ours is a bench model.

Drew

OP
OP
maxwedge528

maxwedge528

thanks guys. the dimples are there and checked against tom bronco schematic. thanks

Bronco Maniac

I guess you found the technically correct location, but you can put a 40 Qt cooler behind the seat and then drill the holes.