• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear spring install, effect front alignment?

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
I want to get my front end aligned once i get my new tires. I still need to install my rear leaf spring. Will installing my leaf springs effect my alignment? Do i need to install these 1st?

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I wouldn't think that the leaves would affect the front alignment.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Changing the ride height in the rear will change the caster in the front but wont affect the tow-in. The toe-in is the only adjustment made in a standard Bronco alignment. Knowing what your caster is is important though. If you end up with caster related problems, you need to know where its at in order to correct it correctly.
If you take some accurate measurments between the rear axle tubes and the fram before and after changing the rear springs, figuring the change in caster will be easy to do.
Also! before letting the shop get started on the alignment, tell them you will want the actual measurments of caster, camber, etc... Many shops won't bother to check these if the don't look bad 'cause they can't adjust them on a Bronco like the can on most cars/trucks.