• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

REAREND PLEASE HELP

G

??? I WAS DRIVING MY BRONCO AND HEARD SOMETHING POP IN THE REAREND.I WAS ABLE TO MAKE IT HOME AND FLUID WAS GOING EVERYWHERE.WHERE WOULD BE THE THE BEST PLACE TO START TO LOOK

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p More info would help but were is it comeing from broken case seal out need a little more info. :eek: :eek: :eek: Bill 8) ::) :p

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Find out where the oil is coming out, this might be a clue as to what failed in your differential. What year is your bronco?

OP
OP
G

it is mainly coming out around the yoke.i took the drive shaft off and you can shake the yoke around a pretty good bit.i dont know a whole lot about rear end and any help would be nice.it is a 71 model

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I would pull the yoke off and check to make sure nothing is broken or excessively worn ie pinion splines pull the seal and check the outer bearing and crush sleave if they look good replace seal if you can get a new crush sleave get one iand torque pinion nut to 200 ft lbs if you have to reuse the old crush sleave it may take a bit more torque to keep it tight. you may want to put some lock tite on the nut to help keep it on I had a similar problem once

OP
OP
G

[quote author=broncnaz link=board=5;threadid=21824;start=0#msg168018 date=1062891079]
I would pull the yoke off and check to make sure nothing is broken or excessively worn ie pinion splines pull the seal and check the outer bearing and crush sleave if they look good replace seal if you can get a new crush sleave get one iand torque pinion nut to 200 ft lbs if you have to reuse the old crush sleave it may take a bit more torque to keep it tight. you may want to put some lock tite on the nut to help keep it on I had a similar problem once
[/quote]the bearings seen to br gone but the one inside at the end of the pinion fits in is gone as well.how do you replace it.do you have to remove the hole third member.