• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rebuilt Explorer 5.0 Engine Questions, Fuel Return ? updated 6 Sep

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am going to use this thread to ask questions as i move forward. Got the plug question answered, new one is about returnless fuel rails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks i like FMS stuff. ebay site specifies the boots are for sbc/bbc, not sure i understand what is different on the chevy spark plugs,

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My bad I figured by using an explorer motor with the P heads, you would NOT be using the coil pack/CPS method of timing.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
no problem i caught that, i was referring to the chevy boots would probably work. thanks for the link Garry.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have a new question concerning fuel return line. I am thinking about using the explorer fuel rails and i need a frame mounted regulator for the return line. What are yall doing on for fuel return on the late model explorer systems? If you have pics please post.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yes that is what I will most likely use. the board saves me again. I will start looking at putting a pressure gauge somewhere in the line. which port on the pressure regulator is the return?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
yes that is what I will most likely use. the board saves me again. I will start looking at putting a pressure gauge somewhere in the line. which port on the pressure regulator is the return?

I believe it's on the bottom.