• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing the EGR from a 351...

jesus888

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
My buddy that I'm working with has a 351 (EFI of course) that he's eliminating the EGR stuff from. I had a few questions, if you have a minute.

1. Who sells the EGR eliminator plug? Is RJM the only vendor? Because it's been kinda hard to get in touch with them (actually in the 10 times I've called and left 3 messages, I've never heard back - i know they're moving... but still...)
2. What is the EGR eliminator plug? is it just a few resistors? Is there or does anyone have a diagram? Is it something we could build?
3. Besides putting the EGR eliminator plate and plug, what else is involved in removing the EGR stuff... specifically, what do we do with the EGR solenoid and the vacuum and/or plugs on it?

Thanks!

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I have had good luck with online shopping with RJM, and they ship very quickly, but as far as actually getting to talk to anyone, or even to return an email, not so much luck. BCB also has the eliminator, and I believe Fordfuelinjection.com has a diagram of what is inside the eliminator.

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
Its still better to leave the system intact, as it does not affect performance unless there is a problem. I did a fuel injection swap on a 351, with the everything based on the 93 mustang MAF. I purchased a 70mm TB and EGR plate for around 150 bucks, I believe from Power Performance, and I had an EGR that came with the Motorsports sensor package. If you do decide to eliminate the egr, the easiest way is the eliminator plug, and leave the solonoids plugged in so as not to confuse the computer

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I just did this on mine, and got the plug from RJM. They were really quick on the shipping and it has been working fine. Make a plate out of a chunk of metal and bolt it on. You also have to plug the thermactor holes in the back of the heads. Getting rid of the pump and the rest of the system has greatly helped my 5.8 fit in the EB engine bay. The thermactor hit my firewall before i pulled it out.