• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replica original steering wheel

76BroncoPete

I can’t remember which vendor but the replacement stock steering wheel I bought and installed a few years ago is truly a replica. It has been sitting in my garage ever since being installed and still managed to crack and split in nearly the exact same place as my original. I guess I will go another route the next time.

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I can’t remember which vendor but the replacement stock steering wheel I bought and installed a few years ago is truly a replica. It has been sitting in my garage ever since being installed and still managed to crack and split in nearly the exact same place as my original. I guess I will go another route the next time.

If I remember properly, there may have been a batch of '76-'77 reproduction steering wheels that came out around 2016-2017 that had early cracking issues. Supposedly a 'fixed' variant was released, but they never seem to be in stock.

Since I bought mine in 2017...I'll have to take a close look to see if mine is cracked.

OP
OP
76BroncoPete

76BroncoPete

If I remember properly, there may have been a batch of '76-'77 reproduction steering wheels that came out around 2016-2017 that had early cracking issues. Supposedly a 'fixed' variant was released, but they never seem to be in stock.

Since I bought mine in 2017...I'll have to take a close look to see if mine is cracked.
That is probably about the time I bought this one