• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revised Paint Code resource List

BDAZSVT

Too late, the entire topic of colors is already very muddy!;D

Good info though. I do not see color code V in 76, but do see it for 77.
Is your Bronco a mid or late production 76?

i dont know? how do I determine that?

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder

You'd have to take your VIN and look at the range for 76 production by month. I'm not sure if there is an online VIN decoder that will tell you that or not?

Anyone?

Or, a Marti report will tell you the specific day of manufacture.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I'm working with Drew on getting an accurate list of colors, spray outs, and the "M" number for the 66-77 Bronco. The "M" number is more accurate to use than a paint code because codes in this era use one letter or number but share totally or even similar colors. Here is a start and I will edit this post as I go. The "Y" and "N" denotes if I can make a sprayout in Glasuirt waterbourne. If someone else on here can make some or all the ones marked no please PM me.

A Raven Black Y M1724A
B Caribbean Turquoise Y M25J556
C Pure White Listed N M1525A
D Peacock Blue Y M30J1638
F Arcadian Blue Y M30J1226
G Chrome Yellow N M1526A
H Sahara Beige Y M1912
J Rangoon Red Y M1515A
L Holly Green Y M1237A
M Wimbledon White Y M1619A
N Light Turquoise N M1734
S Poppy Red Y M1730
T Candy Apple Red Y M2008A
W Marlin Blue N M1742A
8 Springtime Yellow Y M1955

Last edited:

rutcutter

My body guy is using diamont paint. His computer doesn't go back to 68. Any help to get him a code for wimpleton white? M doesn't help. I think because his chart doesn't go back far enough.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
My body guy is using diamont paint. His computer doesn't go back to 68. Any help to get him a code for wimpleton white? M doesn't help. I think because his chart doesn't go back far enough.

I'm pretty sure his Diamont computer is the exact same as my Glassurit computer since both of those company are owned by BASF. If you look at my list above you will notice I can make it in my paint line, 90 Line. In my computer setup menu I can select whatever paint brand BASF owns whether it's Limco, Glasurit, R&M, or Glasurit and can search off that. I think the reason he is having problems is because you possibly spelled it wrong? It's Wimbledon not Wimpleton, but at any rate go by the code (always go by code) of "M" which is one of the colors that run from 66-77.

I'm guessing you want this formula number in solvent and not water? I'm in a waterbourne certification class today at BASF and can will ask them for it. If they can't for whatever reason I'll look at my computer when I get back to work Friday.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 73, not seeing any mention of Grabber Blue, m0470. I'll double check Vin plate for code.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru

I checked and the Diamont stock number is 1633.

rutcutter

White about the parchment white for the dash 1968? 1966 Roadster grey for the dash?

tbratz

My '69 came with a beige hard top and matching dash, body color yellow "K." A friend had a '68 with the same beige colored top. I guess not all were painted white.

stlbl

I have a 74 with a paint code of 6. I didn't see it on there. Any help? I think it is original paint and it is red

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is your Bronco a mid or late production 76?

You'd have to take your VIN and look at the range for 76 production by month.

I know this is an older part of the discussion, but do you still have your door jam decal BDAZ? I didn't see if that was already discussed, but that would at least have the month that the truck was officially rated for. Might say something like "Meets all Federal Safety and Emission standards as of 7/76" or something to that effect.
It's a shame so many of the decals get trashed during previous re-sprays.

And '76 was another one of those model years that dragged out for the EB line. I think they went as far as September and were still registering them as '76's, so it's very possible for it to have crossover stuff between the two years.

Paul

cbackes

Viking Red

I have a 74 with a paint code of 6. I didn't see it on there. Any help? I think it is original paint and it is red

I was in the same boat - 74, red, code of 6. I paid for the MartiAutoWorks basic report because it was bugging me. It came back Viking Red.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
According to the Glasurit computer I have here at work paint code 6 comes up in both 74 and 75. Glasurit calls it Bright Red but you should never go by the name. Only the code.

I think Drew got all these paint codes off of dealer brochures.

farzadmip

I am looking at a 66 build date may 66. Color code N pretty sure it is the light turquoise. Not sure if it is normal but the dash is painted the turquoise as well? Any insight on the dash would be appreciated the owner believes it is original paint and it appears to be from the pictures...

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I am looking at a 66 build date may 66. Color code N pretty sure it is the light turquoise. Not sure if it is normal but the dash is painted the turquoise as well? Any insight on the dash would be appreciated the owner believes it is original paint and it appears to be from the pictures...

I have never seen nor heard of a color matched dash on a 66.

I'd like to know for sure if it is truly original paint or at least original color since the color matched dash also raises some suspicion.

farzadmip

I am 99.99% sure the dash was grey originally. The interior paint and outside don't match at all. I posted pictures in a chat Thread

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
66 is the only year I do not have a Ford dealer color selection card. I believe I have some 66 cards from paint manufactuers, but they do not always have the same info or names as the Ford cards.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Duplicte of response to another thread to archive info here related to 1966 Color Code N mystery...

I truly hate judging colors just off of photos and especially poorly or unevely lit ones and then complicate that with variances in cameras, monitors, etc. not to mention old oxidized paint! It can be really tricky to get this accurate which is why I started to do my own research and an ongoing thread on the topic since the other common thread on here seemed to be more of a guessing game of colors with little to no documentation or verification...

I just pulled an old DuPont 1966 color card and the only "N" code I see is what they are calling "Diamond Blue" and it says Thunderbird only. The same color was also used on Lincolns and was called "Platinum" under a different code. It is not listed as a Mercury color though, but many others were available under different names and codes across all three FoMoCo brands.

Sometimes they are even called something else under the Light Truck line, so it could be that the section I have of this DuPont book is for cars and not light trucks which the Bronco falls under. They often specifiy Passenger Cars or Light Trucks, this one only says 1966 Ford Motor Company, Ford, Lincoln Continetial and Mercury.

However, when I compare other codes on that card to my list which Chris posted above. Some corrispond in name and code (i.e. A, F, H, 8, M), and some are totally different colors and names (i.e G is Chrome Yellow for Broncos, and is Saphire Blue on this chart, L is Holly Green on Broncos, and Honeydew on Thunderbirds only on this chart).

Therefore, even though the Code "N" I am looking at on this chart could be considered a "Light Turquiose", I would not be willing to paint one of our restorations based on it without more info.

Does anyone out there have a 66 Ford Light Truck color chart (preferably a dealer color selection card, but a PPG, DuPont, etc. will also

Attachments

• 66 DuPont Color Card p2.jpg
    66 DuPont Color Card p2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 69