• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ride height 3 1/2 inch lift

grizhunter

Loc.
Fremont,CA
Just installed a 3 1/2 " Wild Horse lift on my "76" this is a ground up so it is a bare frame as of now. BUT the rear from the floor to the top of the frame measures 36" the front measures 31 1/2" to the top of the frame, does this sound right or do i have the wrong front springs? I have 35" tires on the axles.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Ive got 2.5 susp lift and my rear looks bout 4-5 inches higher than the front... didnt have a tape but the rear is definatly higher than the front........at the frame.

And thats with 3" front springs 2.5 rears...inch or so diff in the wheel wells measure them not long ago.

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Hunter, i think you gotta get the Bronco completed to be able to tell the finished height.

I had my frame with the just the axles and added the tub, with a 3.5 lift already installed and it measures level front to back, but with my 33"s it looks awfully high. Higher than it did before I started my frame off and the lift was already there. I figure that the engine, trans, TC fluids, and all other things will load it down, spare, bumpers, gas tank with 23 gallons of fuel, etc ect.:cool:

OP
OP
G

grizhunter

Loc.
Fremont,CA
Not really interested in thefinial height after it's back together just worried that I may have the wrong front springs and do not want to find out after it is all back together

Terkish

The rear leafs will also settle once you have driven on them for a little. Going through the full articulation of the spring off-road a few times will help them settle as well.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think even with my lift thats been on a few years it sits 1in lower in the rear. But the measurement of the frame height on the rear is still higher than the front frame height. But its been awhile since I measured mine I could be wrong. You truely wont know until its all put back together. but I think you may be ok. You could always reinstall your stock front springs then measure the frame height then check against the new springs see if differance is about 3.5in

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Not really interested in thefinial height after it's back together just worried that I may have the wrong front springs and do not want to find out after it is all back together

Your good stop worriN! 2.25 inch diff frame front and rear, rears higher

Last edited:

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
If you are worried about the part you have, then ask the supplier for the coil specs and measure what you have, this will make sure you did not get a kit that was gathered wrong at the factory.

Joe C

Loc.
The Woodlands
I got a 3.5' WH lift on as well- and my rear end sits 1-1.5" lower than the front- drives me crazy? No body lift..Can someone tell me what I need and how to install?