• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Road trip to Northern California

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Leaving Sunday for a jobsite north of Sacremento to drop of a new crane jib that we built. So If anyone sees a dark blue Super Duty following their Bronco and waving like an crazy person...that be me!
Steve

Pechin0351

Hey Steve,
I live north of Sac, if you are being crazy and waving at a person and they flip you off... That will be me, welcome to California! ;D

OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Right on! We maybe stopping by the Big Trees on the way home. If anyone has some cool side trip ideas let me know.
Steve

Pechin0351

Well where north of sac are you going? There is a lot of shit to see in the foothills and the Sierra Nevadas, it just depends of what you like.

OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Pretty sure I am taking my son and brother to see the Sequoia Nat park and some redwoods. Then we'll just wander our way back home. So any suggestions around there in the mountains would be great.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So are the redwoods for sure!
Oh, and don't forget to stop by Wild Horses on your way 'round. We're in Stockton, just south of Sacramento by about 30 minutes. Right off the I-5.

Lots of stuff to look at where you'll be heading. Don't have any specifics at the moment, but just point to a spot on the map near the coast and you'll likely not be "too" disappointed. ;)

Paul

TN1776

Bronco Guru
The Sierra Nevada range is beautiful country, every time I go up to Lake Tahoe I don't want to leave. But if you've come this far you need to go see the Northern CA coastline. I'd recommend heading over towards Mendocino, possibly passing through the Napa valley wine country and maybe cruising down to San Francisco to do the typical tourist thing. The coast is beautifully rugged country.

The Crater Lake suggestion above is also a good one, but it all depends on time you have, and distance you want to cover.

Enjoy your stay. California certainly has its "issues" with goofy laws and politics, but we are not short on scenic drives.

tw322

If you are up towards Chico, and like beer, the Sierra Nevada brewery tour is pretty cool and they have a restaurant with great food.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good call! And even the Chico State University is a pretty cool campus, also with a good restaurant that most people probably think is just for the college kiddies!

Paul

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
We have the OREGON CAVES up where I live....hwy 199 rolls down to the Oregon coastline...turn left at San Fran...is...maybe 3-5 days...depending..Hey...where's the pictures of your Jib....Whats up with that..

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No matter where you end up going, keep us up-to-date on your schedule. Just in case you're in an area where other members can be for a quick meet-n-greet while you're passing through.

Paul