• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rockers Install Question

Torkman66

Contributor
Started aligning and welding in new rockers today. Not too hard a job, parts fit pretty good. Just a bit of trimming here and there and they mated up great and I was able to get very nice bottom door gaps. They butted up well to both the front fender and the rear quarters.

At the factory I believe the rockers must have been installed in two pieces. The bottom first so they could be spot welded to the rear quarters. The rear quarters wrap around the pillar and are spot welded to the pillar. But if installing a full rocker (both top and bottom pieces already together) then how does one spot weld the rear section to the quarter? I assume I need to drill spot weld holes from inside the wheel well, through both the pillar and through the quarter and then spot weld all three, rocker, quarter, pillar together at that point?

Also, the seams made where a few of the body panels meet (rockers at rear quarters, front grill at fenders, taillight housing at rear of quarter, etc.), is there any application of sealer, putty, or anything that is supposed to go there to close off the gaps to zero?

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
Perfect. Just what I needed. Basically all the areas that are welded together. Thanks!!