• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll bar clamp for cell phone on A hoop above dash crosstube

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
yeah, my most "low-tech" question ever!

Looking for a secure method of attaching my cell to my 2" dash cross tube on the A hoop when wheeling for GPS use and mph.

I can find suction cup ones but no good clamp brackets yet...GOT to be secure.

thanks

naneumranch

Brian
I will swing my ram mount by so you can look at it. It works awesome.
Look at crawltunes website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naneumranch

That's the one ☝️ I have to butcher a couple beef in the morning but will be free tomorrow afternoon give me a ring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I'll check it out....thanks!

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I use the Ram grip cradle and really like it, have never had my phone wiggle and have crashed hard enough to bend my bumper mounts.... But I don't like the look of the clamps, I tig welded a 1/4-20 nut flush into the dash bar and use a Ram ball mount with a 1/4-20 stud, very clean install. Pics would help but I don't have any.... remind me and I can take some if you like. I have several of the ball mounts in the truck and use them for an assortment of items, Ram makes a mount for just about everything.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
I use the Ram mount and bracket you linked to at Crawltunes to hold my Note 3. Works like a charm.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Ram system it is...saw one today, thanks Brian, and they look well designed..

thanks for the feedback all..

DaveLev

I like the crawl tunes setup, but would love to see a video of it or similar in action. I don't understand if the phone is always connected to something that then clamps onto the mount, or if the phone is 'clamped' into something that is mounted on the roll bar. Confused.