• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

roll bars

texasft

Anybody know of the tightest fit 6 point roll bar? By tight fit, I mean, the least amount of intrusion into door way from front door opening.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
I believe most of the 6 point roll bars that hug the dash do a good job. As big as the doors are on a Bronco, they are not obtrusive. Mine is a frankenstein built roll bar and I had it put as close to the dash as possible.

I guess you may want to look at the bend in the front and see how far forward the front bars will sit on the floor.

PaveBronco

Thats got to be the nicest one I've seen, wonder if anyone sells the through the dash cage kits. Will also save me from buying a new dash pad.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Xcntruck and allenfeyhe both did super nice cages with the tube through the dash. But there custome built cages. The aftermarket ones will hug the dash but not as tight as your gona want.

I just built myself a front hoop out of stainless tubing and used plate steel for the lower legs. Its super sleek and super tight. nothing sticks out any further than the stock dash. My tubes are within 3/4" of my viewfinder windshield frame. My lower plate legs bolt to the side firewall and the dash and its super super stiff...and I don't even have the 4 floor plate bolts in yet! My front part of my cage is just like a Spyder cage is built prettymuch.

So answer to the question is if you want it tight then you gota make it your self and go through the dash. If your not as picky as me then anybodys cage will work well for you.

Id throw up some pics but everybody shot my idea down when I brought it up a few month ago. Instead of helping me with a design and throwing out some pointers to me they said im a idiot and there is no way a plate steel lower front leg is gona work:p But its done and its sweet!
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221358&highlight=plate+steel+lower+front+legs

OP
OP
T

texasft

Thanks guys. This really helps. I think I may buy one and have the welder I use cut the down tube and have him extend it to fit tight against the dash and kick panel.