• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rustoleum Hammered Paint

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
In cleaning the Explorer upper intake for my EFI swap a casting flaw appeared. Nothing that would affect how things work, strictly visual as one large spot on the intake is much brighter. A mechanic friend said to use Rustoleum Hammered paint to paint the manifold to hide the blemishes. I did a search and have seen that some members here have used this paint, but in the searches I haven't been able to get an idea on how this paint has held up over time. I am curious since the directions on the can states for use up to 200 degrees only.

Open to suggestions on what paint to use.

Thanks,
Z Bronco

custom-cruiser

Loc.
Boise,ID
I haven't used any under the hood but did my front and rear bumpers trail doors and some other stuff.

It does chip off but is super easy to squirt a little on every so often and cover up any knicks.

I like the stuff.

CC

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Friend used some on either his intake or valve covers. Don't remember the part, but remember that it looked very good.

Paul

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Never painted engine parts,but,I've painted a lot of steel wheels and bumpers with it . And that's going back over 40 years. They have a lot of colors now,back in the day you had 1 choice...silver.

pbwcr

I tried all kinds of suggestions and even called the factory rep. There was no cure for the can spiting globs and spoiling the surface. They gave me my money back. Lousy product. Try another brand. I also have had issues with the same brand with various colors. Best rattle can so far comes from Ace hardware. Lots of choices.
PaulW
===========
In cleaning the Explorer upper intake for my EFI swap a casting flaw appeared. Nothing that would affect how things work, strictly visual as one large spot on the intake is much brighter. A mechanic friend said to use Rustoleum Hammered paint to paint the manifold to hide the blemishes. I did a search and have seen that some members here have used this paint, but in the searches I haven't been able to get an idea on how this paint has held up over time. I am curious since the directions on the can states for use up to 200 degrees only.

Open to suggestions on what paint to use.

Thanks,
Z Bronco

AZ69EB

I didn't have any problems with it. Great product for bumpers and rock slider. Beat the heck out of them, scuff them with scotch brite and squirt more paint over the area.

Blends great, easy to use and really easy to touch up.