• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SaddleUp Soft top

Have you paid for the soft top

• I paid in Full

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I paid a deposit

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • On waiting list - No money paid

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Paid and received my top

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Wanted a top from Rick and now holding off

Votes: 99 82.5%

• Total voters

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
got any friends that are lawyers? I had something paid for and not delivered years ago and the guy basically said tuff. Well I had a lawyer friend that said lets try this and I wont charge you but you might need to pay a deputy 30 buck to deliver it. The deputy showed up at the guys work to deliver the letter from my lawyer stating pay up plus interest owed or we will take him to court and or seize property. Plus having the dumbass's boss there when the deputy showed up.... I got a check within 3 days ;D
Actually yes, my sister is an attorney.

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
What happens to the money that Rick collected via Paypal or credit card if they give you a refund/credit.

Does the credit card company turn around and charge him or do they write it off?

If you paid to paypal through the CC then they will charge back Paypal and Paypal will flag his account. If it was done through his own merchant account they will attempt to get their money back, but a lot of times they just take a write off.

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
The Info I have........

It's a shame this guy didn't just come forward as I'm sure a lot of you would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I did a few little simple searches and found this info:
----------------------------------------------
Domain name: BRONCOSPECIALTIES.COM

Administrative Contact:
Halle, Rick rick@simenhancer.com
16305 N.E. 75th Circle
Vancouver, WA 98682
US
Technical Contact:
Master, Web webmaster@NOSPAM.flarehosting.com
PO Box 6670
East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816
US
+1.7328194619 Fax: +1.7328194675
------------------------------------------------
Domain name: BRONCOCOVERS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Halle, Rick Rick@SimEnhancer.com
16305 NE 75th. Circle
Vancouver, WA 98682
US
360-281-4160
Technical Contact:
Master, Web webmaster@NOSPAM.flarehosting.com
PO Box 6670
US
+1.7328194619 Fax: +1.7328194675
-----------------------------------------------------
simenhancer.com
3613 Knotty Ct.
Wilmington, NC 28405
US

Domain name: SIMENHANCER.COM

Administrative Contact:
3613 Knotty Ct.
Wilmington, NC 28405
US
910-799-9466
Technical Contact:
Master, Web webmaster@flarehosting.com
PO Box 6670
US
732-967-1171 Fax: 732-613-9347
--------------------------------------------------
Domain name: SIMS2PROGRAMS.COM

Administrative Contact:
16305 N.E. 75th. Circle
Vancouver, WA 98682
US
360-281-4160
---------------------------------------------------
So, it seems Rick Halle might have a place in NC & might also be well known in the "Sims" world too. This seems to be a popular program that some claim he just copied and changed the interface on another companies program. I know nothing about that and don't know anything about the "Sim" world. But, I've heard that people spend their whole lives playing this game and maybe he is one of them? He seems to be making money selling these programs so hopefully you all will get your tops or get a refund.

Anyway, I hope this helps you all, including Rick, get this problem behind you.

Amac70

ME
Posting info on how to reach rick is fine and i won't stick up for him but slander him on a topic totally unrelated and you know nothing about is wrong.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree. Let's not put his personal info. up for everyone to see. If you want to know this, pm.

Eugene

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
Posting info on how to reach rick is fine and i won't stick up for him but slander him on a topic totally unrelated and you know nothing about is wrong.

Do you want to explain where you see any slander?

The info is in the public domain and about a guy who has taken money from many members here and they asked for the info.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Hosting info is public information. If you don't want it seen you can pay a fee to have listed as private.

I was hoping you were going to have something else.

Speaking of, any pics of the broken welds on the rises?

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Slander - Are you kidding?

Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community. Written here would be Libel.

But I highly doubt that anyone could post anything that damages his reputation further. If you want to start throwing legal terms around, how about FRAUD & THEFT.

I keep going back to his build up thread and wondering what parts I paid for.

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
Hosting info is public information. If you don't want it seen you can pay a fee to have listed as private.

I was hoping you were going to have something else.

Speaking of, any pics of the broken welds on the rises?

Sorry I can't help any further. The info I thought might be helpful was the cross between the "Sims" domains. People here were looking for a way to contact him and the whois provided another set of domains and another address in NC. Someone might find it useful. Someone here might be a "Sim" guy and might be able to contact him in his "Sim" world. I don't know....... just trying to help.

Amac70

ME
"This seems to be a popular program that some claim he just copied and changed the interface on another companies program. "

Saying this is slander in my eyes maybe not everyone elses. Your attacking him on something else that has nothing to do with bronco stuff. You admit you know nothing about it so why post it in there. The whole top thing is bs and I hope he gets it straitend out, I agree with everyone else someone should go after him and get his but in gear. Maybe hes taking welding classes to make his product better(I doubt it). :) :) :)

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
"This seems to be a popular program that some claim he just copied and changed the interface on another companies program. "

Saying this is slander in my eyes maybe not everyone elses. Your attacking him on something else that has nothing to do with bronco stuff. ...............

That is not slander and it's not even libelous. I appreciate your opinion, but I'm not attacking him either. I'm just providing the little bit of info I had. The program and other sites he has are important as he has not been reachable through here.

Please don't make me feel bad for trying to help out other Bronco guys. I'm looking for a positive solution for everyone and that starts with communication and information. I know if I was in their position I would hope a fellow member would help out where he could.

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Spoke with Rick

Well I just got off the phone with Rick and I feel much .....

How should I feel, He said he had no record of my payment. I said thats great because I can claim a lost money order with the post office and get 99% of my money back. He then said that he probably did receive it and would just mark it down now. I asked for my money back, not going to happen. I asked for my top, not going to happen any time soon.

He offered me the top he had on his rig at SOB for a $50.00 discount. I asked if it was going to have the same problem with the welds. He said that the first couple did not have braces in the door frames and the design has changed.

Like he has said to others, he is working on a group right now:-X :-X :-X ,

At least I know he is alive and might one day complete my top.

Formerjughead

Loc.
Chico
Alright..I've stayed out of this as long as I can. How many people actually met Rick before they gave him the money?

It seems to me that the people that have experienced the least problems were the people that knew him prior to the Soft Top venture. There is a big difference between knowing someone from the boards and actually meeting them and shaking their hand.

Did Rick step on his pecker; you bet. Do I think he is intentionally hosing people; nope.

The bottom line is that you pay your money and you take your chances. Quit bitching about it; it's not solving anything. It's a semi custom product being manufactured in a garage.

Suck it up and cut him some slack. There is no need to pass on the grief, that your wife is giving you, for spending a grand on a Bronco top.

Brad

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Alright..I've stayed out of this as long as I can. How many people actually met Rick before they gave him the money?

The bottom line is that you pay your money and you take your chances. Quit bitching about it; it's not solving anything. It's a semi custom product being manufactured in a garage.

Suck it up and cut him some slack. There is no need to pass on the grief, that your wife is giving you, for spending a grand on a Bronco top.

Brad

What a crock of BS. I have bought parts from a dozen different users here and have never met any of them in person. With each of those people, I paid and got my parts in a reasonable amount of time. One user even sent me the used grille I bought before I sent him a check. I should expect the same timely shipment of parts from anyone. I don't care how busy with work/family/side jobs/working on your own rig you are. As soon as you have my payment in hand, your first priority should be getting me the parts I paid for in a timely manner. As another poster has mentioned, if this were ebay, Rick would have been banned for all the negative feedback he would have received over this debacle.

On another note, this thread has finally convinced me to file a claim with my credit card company for the $1,470 worth of rear end parts I paid Rick for back in June. I filed the claim earlier today. We'll see how long it takes them to give me my money back or Rick to come up with the parts now.......

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I don't get the Formerjughead part.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
The bottom line is that you pay your money and you take your chances.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. When you pay your money to a vendor who has advertised a product for your payment, you don't "take your chances." You do, however, have a reasonable expectation of receiving what you paid for in a reasonable amount of time, or to receive a refund. Unfortunately, neither of these is happening. That's called fraud, pure and simple, and is against both state and federal laws.

I guess maybe in your world you'd be okay if you paid for your groceries and then they wouldn't let you have them, right? After all, you pay your money and take your chances, right? %)

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
formerjughead is like this over on broncofix where he is a member too. I tried warning people about someone that ripped me off trying to do the same thing over there and had to get a load of his mental deficit. I am not going out on a limb here, you can bet he means and believes every word he posts in his support of people like this.