• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

seam sealer & herculiner question!

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
hey guys, this is probably a dumb question but i thought i should ask before i dive in and regret later. i have removed all the old seam sealer in the floor and have applied POR-15 to all the seams after i sanded them down. now i have roughed up the POR-15 so i can reapply the new seam sealer. my question is: can i apply the herculiner right over the new seam sealer or do i have to rough it up? i have read the instructions on the herculiner and have visited the website but couldnt find an answer. please help!

John

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
First off, is the sealer you're using sandable, paintable? Some are not. If it is rough it up a little. Whether this is needed or not it won't hurt.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
What kind of seam sealer are you using. Some seam sealers don't get hard enough to scuff but are paintable.

cwarren87

This isn't the question you asked, but experience has taught me that nothing will stick to POR15... no matter how much you rough it up. Anything applied on top of it tends to look bad and not last long. However, someone told me the other day that POR also makes an etching primer that goes over the POR15, allowing it to painted/lined. I'd check their website or call them up before you spray the herculiner. Just my $.02.

Chris