• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Should I mount the door post/A pillars without the front clip?

Akjoatmon

The front clip was not on my bronco when I got it. I have since replaced the floor pans and kick panels. My question is should I mount the door posts without being able to check the fender alignment? I have the posts clamped up, have tried the doors, and I'm pretty sure they are where they need to be. I was hoping to take the tub off the frame without the front clip installed so it would be easier to move around and flip over. I know the door post would add strength to the structure. I'm just not sure if it is a good idea to install them before they can be checked against the fenders. thanks for your advice.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I mounted mine without the front clip/aprons, etc. The aprons are what attach to the kick panels and they have lots of ability to move around for adjustment. I would double check the holes for the fender screws by holding up the fender on the door post with the door on to make sure they line up, but even then those have some adjustment to them too so it's not critical.