• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shout Out To Toms Offroad

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was going back and forth a ton on what seats to run in the Bronco. Ended up with the Tom Offroad set and after the install I can say they are exactly what I was looking for. It is always nice to buy something and have it actually fit the first time. On this install, I did have to slightly alter the rear mounts on the passengers side and the rear seat bolt that attaches to the slides was riding on the floor. Easy process, just put some 3/16's plate under there and lifted it all up a bit in the rear. The whole install from start to finish including a trip to Home Depot took about 5 hours. Nothing crazy, and not trying to rush. Very pleased with how it all sits now. Next up is mounting all the seatbelts.

Front seats Installed.jpg
Front Seat Roll Cage Clearance.jpg
Front Seat Bracket Mod.jpg

I've been waiting to get past this point so I can make sure the cage and everything works together... it's the plate style cage from Toms Offroad... now I can finish the interior body work, pull the cage out, finish weld and paint, and get to putting everything back together. The wiring harness is the next Big step in the process coming up.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very cool
do you sit higher than stock

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I have the parchment version and really like them. I'd say the sit at about the same height.

OP
OP
JeepGuy

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those look very nice!!!!! Nice install too!

How do they feel to sit in?
Brand new so a little firm, but fit the body great. There is plenty of cushion so I'm guessing after putting some miles on them they will only get better.

Very cool
do you sit higher than stock
I've never had stock seats, but these ride just about the same height as the last set of aftermarkets seats I had in there. I'm 5'10 - 5'11'ish and my head is still well below the roll cage bars.

Seattle66

Contributor
Awesome. My set arrived today. Front Premiums and Rear Tumble and Fold. Can't wait to get them installed soon.

tomsoffroad76

Sponsor/Vendor
TOMS OFFROAD
Thanks for the shoutout. We're glad you love your seats. We are very proud of them. Appreciate the support as always.