• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft tops and wiper covers

dedgar

I'm finally getting a full cage and want to know if the wiper motor cover will work with a soft top? Any other problems I might encounter?

Thanks
Derek

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
You will have to cut it down, but you can keep them on. I have
a pic of mine in the gallery. Not a sharp pic. kinda dark, but it
can be done.

RangerRob

Kind of depends on what soft top you have and if it has a windshield riser. I have an old DMC soft top made in Longmont Colorado that uses a riser. It works fine with the wiper cover on and does not require the use of a wiper motor drop down bracket.

Those tops requiring a wiper motor drop down may pose a problem, but I don't know. For those running drop downs, will the wiper cover still fit?

Be sure that you plan for it when building the cage! I have seen some cages where the horizontal bar is too close to the wipers. Make sure you have proper clearance.

Good Luck!

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
yea, mine is a kayline now known as specilty top, it has a drop bracket.
Also has to rotate the wiper 180*, I had to trim the top off the cover and
the end off of the passenger side. Later on I had to trim it down more when
I added the front hoop of the roll bar.