• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sometimes I think about selling it

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I'll never sell my Bronco, but sometimes when it fights me long enough it sounds like a good idea lol. I just put a new clutch in, took it for a drive and my NP205 didn't want to shift. Spent 2 hours adjusting the detents and twin sticks, got frustrated and then decided to check the rear drums to focus on something else... I pulled the dust plug out to peek at the star adjuster and it's backed itself out and in pieces lol. I know you all have been there before, frustrated and tired. Just needed to vent, and I know some of you all know where I'm coming from.

fluffybunny

Contributor
Don't feel bad, my brother in law spent all day Saturday cleaning his 69 up for a car show. We left to go to the car show and about half way there, a 53 year old freeze plug decided it had enough. Luckily, we had a Suburban following us to the show so put a tow strap on it and drug it home. Of course, it's one of the freeze plugs under the motor mount.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
adjustable detents?
Happy to help!
shoot me an email?
jon b at jbfab dot net
Thanks Jon, I'll shoot you a note. I've had your shifters (zf/np205) in my rig for 7 years, I took them completely apart and I think I just got the combo put back together differently than I had before.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Don't feel bad, my brother in law spent all day Saturday cleaning his 69 up for a car show. We left to go to the car show and about half way there, a 53 year old freeze plug decided it had enough. Luckily, we had a Suburban following us to the show so put a tow strap on it and drug it home. Of course, it's one of the freeze plugs under the motor mount.
Been there before, thats a pain to change. I wound up replacing all of them to be safe... not a fun job to do with the motor installed. Glad you got it home

Me2carcrazy1

Contributor
I just had the same thoughts. I had the engine rebuilt and transmission resealed. So nice not to see oil leaks all over the garage floor. That bliss lasted a month. Just found a big puddle of fluid on the floor under the Bronco. Looks like my power steering is leaking. Oh well, that's a project for tomorrow...

Kbpony

I never used to think about selling it....but with the crazy numbers they’re bringing, it is sometimes tempting. It could be the down payment on another farm that would continue to appreciate long after this fad cools down.

broncobusted

I feel your pain. Just when I was enjoying driving my 69. I took it to work and had to putt putt putt out of the parking lot barely made it home sputtering the whole way aargh. Lol it's been parked for 5 weeks now. I didn't even mess with it. I will soon I always do. Rock on bronco folks.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I feel your pain. I was replacing a leaking master cylinder, and it made no sense not to replace the booster that was 30 years old, well if I got all that out, seems time to replace the old distribution block (73 drum drum, now disc drum) with an adjustable valve. got one from TBP, only to figure out I needed a 76/77 bracket, more waiting, makes sense to put flexable lines from valve to MC so ordered a set from Duffs. Well the brake lines won't come off the old block so I had to cut them. That means I will have to re-flare them, which I hate doing down in an engine compartment. And couldn't find my flaring kit that I haven't used since the 90s. More waiting. So I assembled everything and there is no way all those parts work together. The brake lines coming out the top directly hit the steering column. I tried bending the bracket but the fender is in the way. Ended up cutting bracket way down and drilling new whole for valve. Put it back in. You guessed it, still not enough clearance and I guess I will have to bend it over to the side. I walked off. It has been 3 weeks to do this project and I am worse off than when I started. Not to mention I am in the middle of the summer top-down driving season and it sits in the garage, :mad:

Last edited:

helo-mech

Pulled it in just to upgrade the PS pump after a failure.

Attachments

• 33ECD794-69CE-456E-BDFC-F23210EBE8B9.jpeg
    33ECD794-69CE-456E-BDFC-F23210EBE8B9.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 42
  • AB350C12-62F0-4E91-BFB7-B13D12E935CA.jpeg
    AB350C12-62F0-4E91-BFB7-B13D12E935CA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I decided years ago after selling quite a few (now) classics that I would never sell this one. So I ended up giving it to one of my daughters. It now resides a few minutes away. She has big "clean-up" plans for it now. :cool:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
For those of you that have not gone to the J B twin sticks do it their great. Mine or I'm going to say mine are as old as the company is as I won mine on here when he started making them. Love mine.
Also these post are why my Broncos name is Snakebite. As everything I fix takes takes 3 trys to fix it but I still love it 15 years later.

Attachments

• 20220726_114121.jpg
    20220726_114121.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 20

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Labor of love for sure. I've been a big proponent of Fitech and either it, or something else, $%^T the bed last week. You either need high confidence in your repair skills, know someone else who does, or your f'd like I am right now. But I'm still not selling!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Just this week I began thinking of selling, right after I finish the frame off restoration. When I started this journey. The thought of a new Bronco from Ford, was just a wishful dream. So here I am, building my dream Bronco to use it for adventure travel. But the further I get into to the build, the less I looking forward to driving it into the wild. My classic Bronco has just gotten so valuable. So the thought of selling is very appealing. I’m a couple years from retirement and I quite confident my 76 would sell for enough to recoup my initial investment and restoration. With enough left over to pay cash for a new Bronco. That I can thrash on the back roads of adventure, without a worry. And have just as much fun. After all the new Bronco will depreciate anyway. Never to see the values of the early EBs.

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
As a newbie I was and still am unprepared to care for this vehicle. After only 1 yr into this fight I now understand nothing is ever fixed 100% and only sometimes improves the situation for a short period of time. I am finding out this is not a hobby, its not a project but a life style of repairs and maintenance.

tampabronco

Labor of love for sure. I've been a big proponent of Fitech and either it, or something else, $%^T the bed last week. You either need high confidence in your repair skills, know someone else who does, or your f'd like I am right now. But I'm still not selling!
Learning the hard way about how much I really didn't know about switching to EFI. The Holley Sniper has been a struggle but hopefully I've turned the corner

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'll never sell my Bronco, but sometimes when it fights me long enough it sounds like a good idea lol. I just put a new clutch in, took it for a drive and my NP205 didn't want to shift. Spent 2 hours adjusting the detents and twin sticks, got frustrated and then decided to check the rear drums to focus on something else... I pulled the dust plug out to peek at the star adjuster and it's backed itself out and in pieces lol. I know you all have been there before, frustrated and tired. Just needed to vent, and I know some of you all know where I'm coming from.

Negative ghost rider. This is the case of think don't do :)