• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

South Louisiana meet & greet-2/20/2010

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Joe

i'm going to shift my build schedule around and maybe take some PTO time to give the bronco a bit more attention to have it half assed ready for Feb 28. i know i won't have the body/paint work done, but she'll be there under her own power for sure. what type of turnout you expecting? Got a location yet???

jet

Well, not sure how many are going to make it. Here is a list of all who seemed interested:

JoeLat
Slow440
Jspurl13
Moosey41
Jsniper06
Techlaf
Bgs26
LA77
Miller Time
Popi411
Pchampagne

That is 11 people. I know that a few others from DeepSouth EB are planning on coming so I think at this time we can count on at least 5-6 broncos. As for location, still pondering that one. There is a Hooters on Siegen that has a decent parking lot, TJRibs on Siegen as well. Walkon's on Coursey. Not sure if there are better places than that. You guys who know BR better may know of a better location. Not much between here and Lafayette that I know of but would be willing to entertain some location in between unless we get more interest out of South Mississippi or the Slidell area.

techlaf

Contributor
I'm game for anywhere in Lafayette or Baton Rouge, but there are some nice places in between.

Closer to Lafayette than Baton Rouge, but has big parking lot that everyone can see from Henderson exit on I-10:
http://www.landrysseafoodhouse.com/index.html

or Pat's in Henderson is just a couple miles off same exit:
http://patsfishermanswharf.com/

Haven't been here before, but some motorcycle poker runs have ended here and it's closer to Baton Rouge in Grosse Tete:
http://www.bigheadsbarbq.com/home

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

I'm liking the Hooters location as well. Pretty much right off of I-10 and easy to find. The only other place would be Big Heads in Grosse Tete (thanks for in info Techlaf). I think in the end we will have some more interest from East of Baton Rouge so I still want to try to keep it in BR. Everyone's good with the date so far so it looks like Feb 28th.

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
My bronco will not be road worthy by then, but I would definetly like to go. I am right outside of Laffayette in Broussard. My neighbor has a 71 thats running, we may be able to head to BR in his. I didn't realize so many broncos were around..... Great news

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

My bronco will not be road worthy by then, but I would definetly like to go. I am right outside of Laffayette in Broussard. My neighbor has a 71 thats running, we may be able to head to BR in his. I didn't realize so many broncos were around..... Great news

Sounds good ripper. I didn't know there were that many around either but glad to see there is. You have a cool nieghbor! It would be great to see ya'll out for the meet. Looks like a few will be coming from Lafayette area so you won't be alone on the highway.

Joe

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
if it does end up being hooters on the 28th, will this be a mid day thing or an evening thing? i have my front axle in now, so i should be back in business. going to start on the body now and order my rims. hopefully she wont be the ugly duckling by then.

jsniper06

Loc.
Crowley, La.
We sure have alot a guys in the Lafayette area with Broncos. Seems like we should make a branch of the Deep South Club in Lafayette. Would guys be interested? I know I liked getting together in BR when I lived there. Something to think about.

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

if it does end up being hooters on the 28th, will this be a mid day thing or an evening thing? i have my front axle in now, so i should be back in business. going to start on the body now and order my rims. hopefully she wont be the ugly duckling by then.

I am shooting for a mid day thing so that everyone can make the trip in the morning and have time to get back at a decent hour in the evening. BTW...I sent you a message about some of the things I could help you with on your To-Do list.

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
I am shooting for a mid day thing so that everyone can make the trip in the morning and have time to get back at a decent hour in the evening. BTW...I sent you a message about some of the things I could help you with on your To-Do list.

JoeLat:
i got the axle install knocked out, and replaced the needed parts on the drum brakes to bring them up to speed in case i can't get around to the disc brakes by 2/28. checked the carb for my starting problem i've been having, which was not the problem. installed new bearings, don't know why the existing ones were jsut as tight. & drained the front end, new seal and synthetic refilled.

went to start her up and take her for a walk. turning the starter over for a while and get that wonderfull burning wire smell & smoke. after some quick multi-meter work and troubleshooting, boom i got a bad solenoid. replaced it, and she starts up like when i bought her. all my starting problems are gone!!!! today has sucked, but i got a lot done.

i appreciate the offer, but near zero of my work gets done in BR. i might take you up on the offer with the roll bar, probably tackle it next week or week after. if you still need to do your front axle, let me know. i think i could do that job in about 45 minutes now.

working on a deal for a new aux tank too, ever put one in?? that's going to the front of the list if this deal goes through.

jet

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

JoeLat:
i
i appreciate the offer, but near zero of my work gets done in BR. i might take you up on the offer with the roll bar, probably tackle it next week or week after. if you still need to do your front axle, let me know. i think i could do that job in about 45 minutes now.

working on a deal for a new aux tank too, ever put one in?? that's going to the front of the list if this deal goes through.

jet

Glad to hear you got all of this work done...that's awesome. No problems with my front axle but I will be freshening up the bushings sometime this summer. Never put in a tank but have run new fuel lines. Let me know about the roll bar. Updated the first post with time and place for the meet.

macascio

Loc.
Lafayette, LA
Ripper i'm in lafayette as well and have a 74 almost ready! It was painted on friday! I think i will be able to make it to hooters as well!

ajl7742

Loc.
Cade, Louisiana
I'm in. Probably won't be able to bring the Bronco, but I'll have pictures and beer money. I like the idea of a Lafayette chapter, I'm right down the road.

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

I'm in. Probably won't be able to bring the Bronco, but I'll have pictures and beer money. I like the idea of a Lafayette chapter, I'm right down the road.

That's great, beer money is always good. Look forward to seeing you there.

I think you guys should get a chapter off the Deep South Club going overthere. I sent a message to JD about the meet. Perhaps some of the Deep South guys will be at there to discuss adding a Lafayette Chapter to the mix.

Joe

TIGERNUTZ

Loc.
Louisiana
Hey la77, your wife left her panties over here at my house. The dog drug em out from under the comforter this morning.