• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spidertrax Wheel Spacers and Stonecrusher Steering

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Ok, well, i've decided to run 15x10 steel wheels.. i'm going to order them from Jegs (the Cragar Soft 8's), b/c that's the cheapest i've found.. I am also running 77 F150 knuckles and disc brakes, as well as WH riser bracket and Stonecrusher Steering TRO... The problem is, that the Cragar soft 8's in this size only come w/ 4" backspacing.. Which i know is not going to be enough to clear my setup. SO, i'm going to order Spidertrax 1.25" spacers for the front and rear. Any of you guys running these? How do you like them? Can you take some pics of your spacers and front shots, i don't want to see a big gap between the wheel and discs, however, i guess there is no way around this?? is it noticeable?? And, if i decided to run the American Racing rims, which are about 40 bucks more a set, w/ 3.75" backspacing, do you guys running stonecrusher steering w/ TRO know if it'll clear?? Thanks

Luke

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Luke, I'm running almost that exact same setup. I have 79 knuckles with disc brakes, Stonecrusher steering with TRO, wheels with 4" BS and 1.25" Spidertrax spacers. It works great, and unless you know the spacers are in there you don't notice them at all. I don't have a good pic of just the front axle, but could take a couple if you'd like. I'd go for it if I were you.

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Steve, shoot a couple pics for me asap if you would of the front and rear and how far the tires stick out... also maybe a pick of the actual wheel spacers mounted.. Thanks.. i have to tell this guy whether or not i'm going to buy his set of 15x8's (5 brand new) for 125 by this evening.. IF i don't i'll order my 15x10's tomorrow.. thanks

Luke

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Here are some pics. I have 15x8 wheels with 36x12.50-15 tires. Keep in mind that I have narrowed the front of mine 8" so that makes the tires stick way out farther in front than they would if it weren't narrowed. Let me know if you have any questions.

1173981415_img_3252.jpg

1173981532_img_3253.jpg

1173981574_img_3254.jpg

1173981602_img_3255.jpg

1173981630_img_3256.jpg

Last edited: