• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

spray on bedliner

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Yes, and yes. Just take your time doing the prep work, and be careful spraying. The texture is just right for what I wanted.

Attachments

• Picture 162.jpg
    Picture 162.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 163.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Picture 164.jpg
    Picture 164.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
i just replaced all the floorpans in the bronco so it would be going onto bare metal. Prep work shoud be easy. What about using it as an undercoating???

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I'm very pleased with it. Didn't use as undercoating, but did do the whole engine bay with it too. Header runs to within 1 1/2" of it and no problems with heat.

rwill

I have it also sprayedon , only thjng I can tell yoiu is is is VERY slick.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You cannot spray it onto 'bare' metal. You have to use either an epoxy primer or a 'direct to metal' primer first, otherwise the bedliner will peel of in sheets.

The simplist way is to spray it with something like Dupont Variprime, let it flash for about 45 minutes and spray with liner. Don't use cheap rattle can primer either it won't hold up.

OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
OK, thanks for the info. I am using it for the inside of the Bronco so being slick isnt concerning.

klake575

Used it on the bottom of my glass tub and on the inside. Turned out great, I second the prep work. Each side took one kit, but I sprayed it on thick. I actually could cover with two bottles, but then put second coat on.

BIGED

Guru ????
I used it and has been on for a few years looks great
check my gallery for pics

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
JGBronc were you able to spray your tub with one kit or did you have to get more?

I ended up buying 2 kits and one extra bottle. I recommend buying 2 kits, that way you have plenty of the liner, and if you damage a spray gun, you have another one handy.