• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steel fender flares

Berky

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and have been lurking for a while trying to absorb as much information possible. Seems like a good group of people here.

I recently purchased a grade C- 75 Bronco and I really like the look of the molded front flares used on the rear quarters. I figured since it needs work I would add this to the to do list.

I was wondering if there are any company's that produce just the flare? i have found the pre-molded rear quarters, but they are pretty spendy. I know I can buy new fenders, but I would hate to buy fenders just to cut them up and throw 75% of it away.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
They are "spendy" because welding that length of sheet metal in is a CHORE & A HALF! It's no easy job, even for a competent welder - lots of "down time" waiting for a small section of welded metal to cool...

My advice - just suck it up and buy 'em; that's what I'm gonna do! And yes - the front fenders on the rear just look "right" - the last Bronco I owned had 'em - that one RUINED me, LOL!

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

Thanks for the feedback.

@bferraari

That looks great, exactly what I want to do. I understand that is several feet of weld per side, but I got this so I had something to tinker with. I have built several hot rods and this Bronco is the newest old car I have had. I figured if I can chop a hot rod, then I can weld on some flares.

I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for some useable fenders.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The rear quarters are available with molded in steel flares.

JBG?
Or
Was it Bronco Hut?

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
What do you mean "never seen the fronts"? The fronts are just your standard uncut front fender. And the rears are the front factory flare grafted into a rear lower quarter panel.

One option is to buy a new pair of fronts and cut the flared lip out and then sell the remaining fender to recoup some of the cost. JBG is now offering a "precut for flares" front fender set that is actually (I'm guessing) just an attempt to do just what I suggested on a larger scale -- cut out the flare to graft in to the $800 preflared rear quarters and then sell the leftovers as precut for flares.

http://shop.broncograveyard.com/66-...r-with-OEM-Style-Stamping/productinfo/14011C/