• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Rear Seat Frame

neilvonarb

Contributor
Loc.
Kansas City
Hey, forum. I’m pretty new to this and am hoping someone can help me with finding a stock or reproduction rear seat frame for an early bronco. I’ve scoured the internet and I’m finding nothing. Seems like it would be a pretty basic, needed part. Am I missing something or is there something I don’t know about, and you seasoned bronco dudes are laughing at me as you read this??? Any help would be appreciated.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Are you looking for new or used original? Tom’s shows a few used original rear seats on the website. Most of the vendors carry a new version of a fold and tumble seat. I thought Jeff’s used to carry a bare frame but I don’t see it listed on their site now.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one you can have for $200, but shipping to KS MO is $196 on a pallet. And that's to a business.

DrDanWWW

Rear seat frames are out there. Just keep looking and you'll finally see one. I found one this winter from a man in Edmond OK. He said it was a James Duff Co seat. I don't think they make it anymore. Also, I don't know what your experience is, but around here in KC it is a bit difficult to find EB parts.

OP
OP
neilvonarb

neilvonarb

Contributor
Loc.
Kansas City
Thanks for the responses, guys. I did finally find the ones on TBP, hillh1289. Just figured this would be a popular reproduction piece. Turns out there are two for sale on FB marketplace in my area. I just assumed there wouldn’t be any in my area.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Just figured this would be a popular reproduction piece.

Over my 20+ years in the Bronco hobby, I've been given close to a dozen rear seats for free because guys get sick of tripping over them in the garage.

With the popularity of the EB these days, the days of free rear seats and hard tops are long gone, but still plentiful in used condition. The demand for a reproduced stock rear seat frame is likely very little and not worth the production costs of reproducing them.

PNW

Hey, forum. I’m pretty new to this and am hoping someone can help me with finding a stock or reproduction rear seat frame for an early bronco. I’ve scoured the internet and I’m finding nothing. Seems like it would be a pretty basic, needed part. Am I missing something or is there something I don’t know about, and you seasoned bronco dudes are laughing at me as you read this??? Any help would be appreciated.

Check Facebook. There was one posted the other day in platte city, MO and in Olathe.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Keep your eyes peeled on here, For Sale section as well as post a thread in the parts wanted section...

there's muddford on here out of MO nearby MAYBE would have something