• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stonecrusher or Bulletproof steering?

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
i have the stone crusher and did the tie rod overwith anthony's trac bar to match the steering
(little bling never hurt) you need a track drop bar or you will have bump steer, i did. put on the drop trac bar and it is great no bump steer!!! there is a difference however in the on road handling for the guy who posted about running heims on the street bieng a bad idea,
difference is,
my rig handles better going 80mph down the highway now!!!

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I went with the Stone Crusher, too. I'm very satisfied with the product and service I got from Anthony. I see no problem with running Hiems on the street. I ran them on a '83 Mustang when converted it to manual steering. I've never had any trouble out of them on the street.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Standard TREs are greasable by design, which not only lubricates but flushes dirt & other contaminants out of the joint. Some heims will have a zerk added but it is at a cost of overall strngth. Plus, standard TREs can be found at any parts store in just about any town, no custom order needed. Aside from Bling, I don't see any advantage to a Heim setup.

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
OH sure ... now you guys start talking Mass Buy on the Stone Crusher steering. I just got mine from Anthony last week, haven't put it on yet but am glad to hear all of the good reports from those that are using it.

Rick

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
The Stone Crusher set up I just got from Anthony was exactly $300 and that was with shipping. When I looked at the Bulletproof I could never make anything out of their prices because there was so many different upgrades all I could make of it was that the price was somewhere between $300 - $700.

Rick

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
ricks77eb said:
The Stone Crusher set up I just got from Anthony was exactly $300 and that was with shipping. When I looked at the Bulletproof I could never make anything out of their prices because there was so many different upgrades all I could make of it was that the price was somewhere between $300 - $700.

Rick
Thanks Rick.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
As I see it, the biggest advantage off using a SRE (spherical rod end) over a TRE is not having to get a tapered bit to install it. As far as the greasing, that's really moot when you consider the use of teflon and other self-lubricating materials in the PU's and SC's TRE's really keeps them lubricated plenty enough for the kind of service life a steering link setup requires. Both are great ways to go in my mind, just depends on how much bling you want and what your budget is.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
I would like to say ( Thank you ) to all the guys and gals here at Classics for your support and kind comments. Anytime anyone has a question that needs my immediate attention, please do not hesitate to give me a call. I'll be glad to assist you anyway I can.

Anthony Terry
Stone Crusher Steering

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to hear from you Anthony. Just telling the guys how well the Stone Crusher works. Any chance on a Mass Buy? I may be in for another. Great to hang out with You, Sean, and the Fellas at Tellico this past Oct. I still owe you some videos of Pops and the bears. ;D ;D ;D

Andy
Blue71

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Hello Andy. I had a great time in Tellico also...I only broke one axle on the rock garden. Not bad for a heavy foot. Are you going to make this years Free for All at Wheeling in the Country? There will more than likely be more than 300 Broncos in attendance this year...absolutely awesome!
As for a mass buy, I'm not really sure of the details of how this works. I've never been involved with one...buying or selling. I'm sure we can work something out if someone with experience in this area could give me a call.

Again, thanks to all.
Talk to you later, Anthony.

OP
OP
bills_69eb

bills_69eb

Thanks to everyone

Thanks to everyone for their input. I think a mass buy would be awesome too. Maybe someone can set it up. Sounds like it would go well. ;D

VTBRNCO

Loc.
Vermont
mass buy?

I may be in on mass buy - been looking over my options too! I'll keep my eye on this thread.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
thumping said:
As for a mass buy, I'm not really sure of the details of how this works. I've never been involved with one...buying or selling. I'm sure we can work something out if someone with experience in this area could give me a call.

Again, thanks to all.
Talk to you later, Anthony.

Some body here give him a call and get this thing going ;D

rednck21

ANTHONY!!!!
i didnt know you were a member here!! id like to chat with you a little more about your steering setups ;D rednck21@msn.com

Blue71...were you there for the bear incident??

Blane