• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Supercharger Question

hossbronco

Contributor
Been planning on running a Vortech V-3, Si . That can and probably will change on fitment. Actively looking for a plastic sbf block and trans for mockup since I will have to pull that combo 3 times for fitment it would be nice to have it lightweight.

I am not even actively looking for used units yet because of potential hood clearance and grill clearance issues (due to 6 or 8 rib belt & intercoolers). The stock motor mounts are obviously coming out. The pan needs to sit within 1/2" of the frt MII crossmember if there's ANY chance of putting a SuperVic intake on it for EFI. I'll probably have to make/modify a pan to fit... again.

I am pretty good at making "things" fit but if I have to go turbo I will but I will be "vertically challenged" trying to stuff that much exhaust piping in the engine compartment. I made room for a centrifugal blower by eliminating the ps pump. Going electric.

I am open to any/all suggestions.

I have not run a blower before on a 351W based block before. Looking for driveability, hence the EFI so I'm not sucking raw gas past those huge carb jets when cruising at highway speeds.

Heading to the annual Moab Safari at the end of the week. Got my buddy staying here FT taking care of the place and when we get back I can finally get started sectioning the frame and fitment, Drop the body on, whack some more out of the top, etc
Brian, are you supercharging your 460? That will be a beast! I’ve recently been researching a supercharger for my 427. I’ll be curious to see what you come up with. It seems the 302 has more options.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Plans are putting it on my 418sbf that I built for a blower. This will go in Shorty.

5.0 has several affordable options unlike a 5.8 block.