• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

T-18 4 speed swap...???'s

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I can get a T-18 for less than $50, what all do i need to do the swap? I think it is a 2wd tranny

It's almost the same swap as the 435. If you have the 2wd tranny its the best on to have because it has the correct output shaft. If you have the 4x4 the output shaft will need to be changed. Then you need the small 1'' adapter and a stock 6cyl extenshion housing.

Buy the trans thats a good price.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
It will work. It pushes the transfer case back 1" from stock. It may or may not cause problems with the driveshaft lengths.

There are a few ways to adapt it. Advanced Adaptors makes a nice kit. There is a way to use an adaptor and a 6 cylinder intermidiete houseing. At one time there were kits that used an adaptor that was 2 cast parts welded together. I have them listed in order of what I consider preferences.

Other then the 1" added length the swap is the same as the NP435 swap.

Just to be sure, what is the T18 out of? Hopefully it will have the Ford pattern for the bellhousing.