• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tach

MikeCon

Any suggestions on tachs for a stock 73? Thinking about maybe a steering column mount..
Has a 302 but don't think that matters. Do not want to cut any holes..
Thanks for your input.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Steering column has been the go to place for 50 years.
Don't need one of those monster race ones either. Besides the RPM scale will be so far off from what you will run you will only be using a tiny window of what it can read.

Not wanting to cut holes, probably stock style will be a good match. Wild Horses has a Bronco tach that is a good match for the factory gauge. In short, it matches and looks right.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I always wanted a cj7 tach nice , small time period look and the right rev range. But I couldn’t cut a hole in the dash either
The vendors have cool looking steering column mount tachs, I have been happy with mine

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I think WH sells one that has the same look as the original guage cluster that goes on the column. Probably all the vendors do also.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
its always been a collumn mount Sun Super tac or supertac II. mainly thats all we can afford and gets the job done.

BrownDog

Here is where mine is.

Attachments

• A39EE05B-2F2C-45FC-987F-69035049C835.jpg
    A39EE05B-2F2C-45FC-987F-69035049C835.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 82

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Don't need one of those monster race ones either. Besides the RPM scale will be so far off from what you will run you will only be using a tiny window of what it can read.

Not wanting to cut holes, probably stock style will be a good match. Wild Horses has a Bronco tach that is a good match for the factory gauge. In short, it matches and looks right.

yes sir.. definitely..

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA

heres mine with billet column holder

Attachments

• tach 1.jpg
    tach 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 38
  • tach 2.jpg
    tach 2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 31