• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Obsession Begins

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Looking good Paul. Sooner or later I am going to get to one of your guys meetings and maybe get by to check out the build. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Mike

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! great job. That is actually an Explorer/ Sport. I've only seen them in ''72 model year only and 95% of them were must were "Durango Tan." They had the chrome, and the Explorer Badge on the glove box. Anyway...That thing is looking great. Sounds like you are loading it up full of goodies.

Blue71

OP
OP
P

pahoughton

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
Flash69 said:
You might need to paint the water pump. I didn't paint mine and it looks terrible. It looked good when i put it on now it is rusty. Lookin Good. Keep the pics coming.

Was it an aluminum water pump? I can see it getting a little oxidized, but were would the rust come from? I originally planned on painting it, but looking at how hard it will be to tape off everything around it, I decided to take the easy way out. Also once I put the bracket on for the A/C compressor and power steering, most of the water pump will be hidden.

Attachments

• 2004-08-12 0148 Small.jpg
    2004-08-12 0148 Small.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 74

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
pahoughton said:
Was it an aluminum water pump? I can see it getting a little oxidized, but were would the rust come from? I originally planned on painting it, but looking at how hard it will be to tape off everything around it, I decided to take the easy way out. Also once I put the bracket on for the A/C compressor and power steering, most of the water pump will be hidden.
Mine was probably cast steel. It looks like crap now but i guess it will do until it tears up. I can take the ugly as long as it works. If yours is aluminum you shouldnt have that problem.

goosebahr

Loc.
Overland Park, KS
Patty's bronco, my ass. I wish I could convince my wife that all the time and money I'm spending on my bronco was for her. Nice work, keep the pics coming.

OP
OP
P

pahoughton

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
goosebahr said:
Patty's bronco, my ass. I wish I could convince my wife that all the time and money I'm spending on my bronco was for her. Nice work, keep the pics coming.

;D ;D ;D Well, she's picking the colors, and she will be the primary driver on the EASY trails (I'll be driving my Truck) ;D ;D ;D

Well we got the drive train in the frame and the cross member for the klune built. I need to wait for the Cage Radius arms before I attach the cross member to the frame because it is to close to the radius arm mount locations. My current plan is the drive train will have between 3 and 4 deg of drop. I have no idea what the factory angle was. Here are a few pics

Attachments

• P4080103 small.JPG
    P4080103 small.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 104
  • P4120108 small.JPG
    P4120108 small.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 78
  • P4120109 small.JPG
    P4120109 small.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
P

pahoughton

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
Body on Frame

Yesterday was a good day! ;D

I had a few friends come over and we got the body on the frame. I saw someone else use a engine hoist to lift the body in the forums, so I thought I would give it a try. It worked out GREAT!

Now I have a new issue. Even with my 3" Body lift, the Klune shift block just touches the body. I'm fairly sure the 'cable' shifter block is a bit shorter, so I'll contact High Impact Monday to swap them out.

Next steps are to build the shifters, replace the floor pans and lower the transmission tunnel. This should give me plenty to do while I wait for my Cage Radius arms which will be ordered Friday. ;D ;D

Attachments

• P4150113 small.JPG
    P4150113 small.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 96
  • P4160119 small.JPG
    P4160119 small.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P4160120 small.JPG
    P4160120 small.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 55

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Looking good. It's a good feeling to see the body sitting back on the frame isn't it? That's is going to be a nice rig.

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
goosebahr said:

No sh#t!! You beat me to it!

Lookin' good bro..........keep it up!

rellimgneb

Loc.
Reno, Nv
Damn you're pulling ahead of me. My frames still hanging from my cherry picker while I build up my axles. Then I havn't even decided on a transfer case yet. I better pick up the pace.

Your bronco's looking great though. I love stealing your ideas.

OP
OP
P

pahoughton

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
rellimgneb said:
Damn you're pulling ahead of me. My frames still hanging from my cherry picker while I build up my axles. Then I havn't even decided on a transfer case yet. I better pick up the pace.

Your bronco's looking great though. I love stealing your ideas.

Thanks! Feel free to steel the ideas I stole from Others!! ;D :cool: ;D

Well since my rear Axle is waiting for it's True Hi9 (late June maybe), and the front is waiting for disc brakes and Axle shafts, I'm probably not that far ahead ;D.

I talked a friend of mine into letting me build him a rear bumper with a tire carrier so I could test some ideas on his before I build one for Patty's Toy. I'm fairly happy with the design so far. Since it's for a Jeep, I'll post pics and details in Off Topic some time next week.

rellimgneb

Loc.
Reno, Nv
How's the project comming along? I'm STILL waiting oon my POR-15 but it'll be here tuesday and it'll be time to shift into high gear.

I was just wondering how far ahead you're pulling of me.

OP
OP
P

pahoughton

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
Minimal Progress

rellimgneb said:
How's the project coming along? I'm STILL waiting oon my POR-15 but it'll be here tuesday and it'll be time to shift into high gear.

I was just wondering how far ahead you're pulling of me.

MikeEB said:
Hey Paul where'd you go and how's the project coming along?

Mike

Well I've been saving money and working on rockjock's 70. I finally bought my 35 spline True Hi9 Third Member a couple of months ago. We reworked the Klune / D20 clocking and now have to build the 3 shifters for the Dana 20 twin stick and the klune.

Once the weather warms up and I get rockjock's rig going (new 5.0 HO, 4r70w) I should be able to get back to work on mine %)

Also rockjock found me a 79 Bronco for $450 a couple of weeks ago to distract me from my 72 ;D. I just got it running right last week after I swapped the plug wires back to the correct firing order :eek:

Anyway I'll try and get some pics posted of the latest progress some time next week. (I'll probably sneak in a pic of the 79 while I'm at it ;D )

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
got any more good pics of that superduty of yours?? Bronco project is looking sweet too, but i saw a couple corners of the superduty and it looks nice..

Luke