• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This place used to be...

scoutingranch

This website used to be a hot bed of Broncoism. I was once here as "Elan" as I had a garage full of Lotus Elans along with Broncos. Now? all gone and the prices of the old tinny Broncos have gone stupid expensive, like real estate. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan of "stock" Broncos but will not pay stupid money for them. It's a vehicle, not life support.
I also see some of the folks that have been here for years are still around.

Greetings to the hanger oners'

Elan...oh' I mean Scoutingranch

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Glad to see you here, Elan - was just thinking of you the other day and wondering if you were still around.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yup, lots of us are still here, chillin' Just have changed our avatar, some of us have! am I sounding like Yoda.... I am getting old. Greetings SR!

trekgurl

This website used to be a hot bed of Broncoism.

Oh, it’s still a hotbed of early Bronco activity with threads like, “Help, it rained on my bronco”, “my paint job costs 50K, how can I pay more?” “I only get 3000hp at the rear wheels in my bronco, what’s wrong with it?”, and the always captivating, “Can’t believe you did that cause. you lost so much value “. I sometimes feel for all those worrying, more than riding, but then I got hooked 1974 and remember vividly jumping my stock bronco 28 ft in the sand dunes near Mayport Florida, with my mom in the front and daddy hanging on for dear life in the back. They’ve passed on now resting in peace and I’m wiser and more mature now, :D:D:D:D:D:D. I guess we all find happiness in different ways.

I spend more time in the archives,,,,,,,as its still good place for ole school information.

Lady Dinosaur….🐲🐲🐲🐲🐲

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love the old Lotus Elans. I used to race against them years ago. I also raced a Lotus 23b which was a real hoot. welcome back.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I’m back (but didn’t really ever leave!)! Recently bought a pair of projects - 70 and a 77. One for rocks, mud and beating on; one will be show quality with a new body…

E827B59A-0EDE-499E-836A-5D208DBE844C.jpeg EC1510DF-2E10-456E-9B64-2E8DD9621A0B.jpeg

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Still hanging out and you're 100% on our hobby it's changed a lot in the past 10 years or so, had to laugh the other day when someone on one of the Facebook pages asked what the bolt pattern was for early Bronco's.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Oh, it’s still a hotbed of early Bronco activity with threads like, “Help, it rained on my bronco”, “my paint job costs 50K, how can I pay more?” “I only get 3000hp at the rear wheels in my bronco, what’s wrong with it?”, and the always captivating, “Can’t believe you did that cause. you lost so much value “. I sometimes feel for all those worrying, more than riding, but then I got hooked 1974 and remember vividly jumping my stock bronco 28 ft in the sand dunes near Mayport Florida, with my mom in the front and daddy hanging on for dear life in the back.

So true and this is hilarious!!!

I spend more time in the archives,,,,,,,as its still good place for ole school information.

I still check the forum daily but like you, I spend more time in the archives. I've had my Bronco since the mid eighties so well before the internet and the ease of just ordering whatever parts and having them delivered in a day or two. Seemed like we had to fab most everything up and that's what I loved about it!
Lots of great folks still on here and always eager to help out all who ask!!

OP
OP
scoutingranch

scoutingranch

Dang...it's so nice to read some of you folks are still active. Now, I would like the opinions. Since I don't have a Bronco, do I post in off topic or on the Bronco Chat section?
I want to do the right thing and don't want to anger the gods.

Mr. Todd Z. The name scoutingranch is from the Whispering Ranch area next to Buckeye.

Last edited:

Nuke

Long time member myself just coming back. Seems to be a lot more quiet around here.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Wecome back. I too have been Bronco since the mid-seventies and really enjoyed this site when it showed up. Yes, it's quiet these days, but every now and then somebody posts some new stuff that makes it worth checking in periodically.
It seems a lot of dedicated auto forums are quieter these days and ideas range from Facebook/Intsagram users to other things. But it is still hands down the place to check.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We're fortunate that classic still has as much traffic as it does. I follow a few other forums and traffic there has slowed to nearly a crawl. A lot of stuff has switched to FB/IG etc but frankly, I still like the community here a lot better. I've noticed that a lot of people don't ask for tech advice on the FB groups as much anymore because people are often idiots and give bad advice - and it's not really searchable.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Mr. Todd Z. The name scoutingranch is from the Whispering Ranch area next to Buckeye.
Very cool - I'm going to have to investigate exactly where it's located - I wondered if you had finally made the move to AZ or not.

Todd Z.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
We're fortunate that classic still has as much traffic as it does. I follow a few other forums and traffic there has slowed to nearly a crawl. A lot of stuff has switched to FB/IG etc but frankly, I still like the community here a lot better. I've noticed that a lot of people don't ask for tech advice on the FB groups as much anymore because people are often idiots and give bad advice - and it's not really searchable.

Todd Z.
Couldn't agree more.

OP
OP
scoutingranch

scoutingranch

Just to let yall' know about the hobby car world in general. It's dying. Old people simply don't realize it as they hang around with other old people.
Young people don't care.
Having written that, old Broncos are the exception. There is still a wide range of interest. But that is limited due to the insanity of pricing.
By the way, I know my stuff. Not bragging, just being truthful.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
As with any hobby or fandom - age and exclusivity (with regards to the objects themselves and prices) will eventually ruin everything.
I'm not even 40 yet and been "here" for 20 years, but I'm on the edge of selling my current 77 DD.
They aren't making more and the cost of 'market value' restorations is quickly outpacing the budgets I was setting aside. Between new ones and the near six figure builds out there - I could never justify the time any more. Was holding to build with my oldest, but currently no interest and I can't fathom spending 3-5 years and $60k in materials to rebuild her to the way I want by myself. And the lack of drivetime now with new job and lack of safety for my ever growing kids - that is an unfortunate misuse of a healthy chunk of cash sitting covered in the driveway.

Looking around at other hobbies I dabble in: that $10k vintage Martin guitar is pawn fodder when the people who remember it being iconic are gone. A lot of computer based stuff pushed low level hobbyists out (crypto, parts shortages, etc) from gaming and building.

It's a byproduct of the world. Enjoy what you enjoy while you can - just don't whine about others when the world continues to spin.