• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

transmission rebuild guide???

66bronc

Loc.
Jourdanton
just curious if anyone is aware of or has a guide to rebuild the stock 3 speed transmission. i found a really helpful guide to rebuilding the dana 20 transfer case on the sierrabronco.com website. check it out if you are looking to rebuild your transfer case.

joules

Loc.
Marysville, Wa
Three on the tree or C-4 tranny? If it is a C-4 have a look at a Haynes Techbook for Ford Automatic transmission overhual. It covers c-3, c-4, c-5, c-6 and AOD trannies.
ISBN 1 56392 424 2
I am just getting up to speed and this book has a lot of good information on how autos work, before diving into the actual overhual.
Good luck

scotch

Loc.
Green River, Wyoming
Factory ford repair manual is the best reference I have found. It had all the info I needed when I did mine. Check out the book reviews on this site. I think it is the most recomended book there. I had to buy my set used because they have been out of print for many years.

Good Luck
Ryan