• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tuffy Glovebox with Centech Harness

Borinqua Bronco

So I bought a new Centech harness and a new tuffy glovebox to accommodate the rollbar but looking at the opening in the tuffy box and understanding that the soldered connections on the fuse panel can't rest against the side of the (too small) fuse panel hole on the metal glovebox I see 1 of 2 things in my future, 1) major mod to the box opening & circuit card or 2) relocating my fuse panel. Had anyone overcome this issue? Did I order the wrong early Bronco glovebox from Tuffy? Is there another one? Thx

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have same issue to correct, my understanding is all you need to do is use the template and cut the tuffy box as required, nothing should ground out on the box, or so I was told by Painless. Oops, I'm using painless not Centech, is there a difference there then?

needsmoarturbo

Same problem here. I know some people have made a plastic or rubber gasket to insulate between the box and fuse panel

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's what I've always done. I forget how much I opened up the metal opening, but if I remember I used thick paper gasket material on one, and rubber on another.
I'm trying to remember if I had to create any kind of framework to support the panel, but don't remember doing anything fancy or exotic.

Some rigid plastic sheeting should do the job nicely, if you have a convenient way to cut it.

The Painless "box" he's using is completely enclosed Borinqua, so not really a comparison. It's physically about 2.5 times the size as well.
The Centech is a cool little "hot rod" type fuse panel. It doesn't have as many fuse positions as most of the others, nor is it as weather resistant. But it's a good size for mounting and has a pretty cool look I think.
I still like them a lot. Even if there is a good argument for a covered panel as well!

Paul

ericgow

I was able to open the hole up in the glovebox to fit the fuse panel and then I made my own rubber gasket. Not the hardest thing to do, but I recommend doing it before you install the glovebox.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The centech fuse box fits perfect in the ashtray hole on the dash. Then I cut the back off the ashtray door, put a hinge on the bottom and remounted it. Then I glued a small magnet in the top of the opening to hold the door closed.