• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uncut with 7 1/2" rim with 4" Backspacing

kaw550

Bronco Guru
Would a 7 1/2" rim with 4" of backspacing work with a LUBR?

Will the width and backspacing cause issues? I would like to run a 33" tire which will complicate things even more.

I have a 2 1/2" lift and plan to add a 1" body lift and maybe set the rear axle back.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I have never fit this combination but you might have to also roll the fender lip at the rear wheel well.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A 7" with 4" is close with 10.50 tires, so a 33x10.50 on a 7.5 is going to be real close. Like Rustytruck said, you may need to tweak it a bit.
Don't see 7.5" wheels very often. What model are they?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Forgot to ask, are these even 15's or are you going with a 16" or larger wheel and metric tires? If so, that could be another thing since you might be able to find a slightly narrower 33" tire and just miss the problems.

Paul

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This would be a great "post it" a rim size / offset / tire size conversion calculator.
Something like will a 32 10.5 fit on a 8" rim and what would the actual "overall width be"...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great discussions would result for sure.
Luckily though, except in the most extreme cases, the width of the wheel does not change the overall width of the tire. Certainly not the tread width, but very little sidewall width change is noted within a 2 or 3 inch wheel width change.
The sidewall is just so flexible on modern tires that not much is translated to the overall width.

Next time you're next to a dismounted tire, grab the beads and pull them apart and push them together to see what the change is on that particular tire.
You might see a little bit, or none at all.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Would a 7 1/2" rim with 4" of backspacing work with a LUBR?

Will the width and backspacing cause issues? I would like to run a 33" tire which will complicate things even more.

I have a 2 1/2" lift and plan to add a 1" body lift and maybe set the rear axle back.

I *think* this would probably work OK. The 94-96 Alcoa Ford wheels have almost those specs (actually about 4.125" of backspacing) and you see those on a lot of uncut rigs/LUBRs.

Todd Z.