• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UPDATE A Petition To Keep The Bronco A Truck

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Just curious, where is the info. that says Ford is going to go ahead with the new Bronco? I cant find anything on thier website. ?:?

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
blue72 said:
I signed it, hope it works. :)

since when did Ford give the green light for the Bronco? I haven't heard about it..............

SAME HERE. PLEASE SHED SOME MORE LIGHT ON THESE DETAILS (I.E. SOURCES OF INFO???)

72bronco

Bronco Guru
You need to face the realities of the auto industry. Manufacturers want to produce in large volume, which means appealing to as many potential customers as possible. Unfortunately at that price point there aren't enough serious offroad enthusiasts to justify a vehicle built specifically for them. These days many people own SUVs and 4x4 Trucks, but 90% of them never take their vehicles offroad and almost none of them even use the 4 wheel drive.

Ford want to compete with Jeep. But if you look at who buys most Jeeps you'll find that they're yuppies who are more concerned about image than functionality of their vehicles. I've even seen a few Jeep Rubicons around town, but they are so pristine I'm sure they've never been off the pavement. So even the specially built Rubicon Jeeps are being snapped up by yuppies that want the image of having an even cooler Jeep than the next guy.

The next Bronco is going to be built to appeal to this segment. A small but rugged (looking) 4x4 with a removable top. And given government fuel efficiency standards I wouldn't hold my breath for a V8. Expect a V6, or even an available hybrid 4 cylinder. It'll be a cool grocery getter for the wife.

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
Does anyone remember the mustang II or Bronco II... :'(

I cringe at the thought, but there is a market for tiny SUV's with go-kart axles.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody find a source for all this talk of production? I think I'm going to ask couple of dealerships in my area about it.

Eugene

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I signed it with a note for Ford to check out D.C. and their Jeep and try to compete. If a new vehicle is in my future I hate to admit it but the Sheep in a Jeep is the only game in town. I'll still keep my butt kickin' Broncos.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Yuppies can buy it but Im gonna DRIVE IT! I was told it is going to be released with a diesel for the power plant but find that hard to believe??

Anyway - I vote for the box frame, lockers and fenders that are already cut! ;D

paint669

Loc.
maryland
it is impossible to replicate a classic. The sound and the looks are just impossible to replicate in a modern era where everyone wants sleek fast cars.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I don't know about the goahead call.....haven't seen anything conclusive.
I don't hold out much hope for a wheeler that can even compare to our steed but there are trends in the market towards rigs you can wheel from the showroom.
There are several trucks out there that are offering front and rear lockers and low geared cases and 33's from the factory.......that wouldn't be a bad start....
I asked for the 5 link and front 60 from the SD
Hope this has some effect.
Chris

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
I deeply understand the realities of the economics of contemporary car production. I just hate the fact that Ford brought their pre-production ideas to all the Mustang boards and shows before deciding on the 2005 model, but haven't asked any Bronco enthusiast about that prototype. Oh well, such is the way of economics of scale.

U

Unregistered

Truck?

So when was the EB a truck? Never was unless you voluntarily paid extra to license it as a 1/4 ton. It was originally advertised as an SUV (yeech). I always know a city owner of an EB when they describe their Bronco as a "truck". Trucks are what we use to haul hay out of the barn around here! :) 1/2 tons aren't even trucks around here...

72BlueBronco

Are the people at Ford even aware of this web site? If not, we should bring it to thier attention! maybe more specifically this thread !!!!!!

Want list:

box frame
striaght axle
V8 w/diesel option....just for starters

OP
OP
P

palm428

Loc.
Northern colorado
FORD e-mailed me back

Bad news here is what Ford sent me . :( :( :(
Maybe we all should email Ford and let hem know how many of us would like to see the bronco come back……..

mailto:crcfmc@customersupportctr.com

"At this time, there are no immediate plans to include this vehicle in
the current model line-up. However, your feedback is collected and used
in the decision making process for future model years.
"

Thank you for your message of 10/27/04 regarding the Ford Bronco. We
appreciate the time you have taken to write us providing this
information.

mailto:crcfmc@customersupportctr.com>

The Bronco concept strikes a familiar profile of the authentic SUVs of
the late 1960s and at the same time is contemporary, appealing and
relevant for today's market. The Bronco concept adds modern
technologies to an original theme for a fresh new approach.

We are pleased to hear of your interest in the Bronco. It
helps to reaffirm our belief in the importance of exceptional products
and services.

Concept vehicles are intended to gauge the public reaction to new
vehicle innovations. Based on the reaction that a particular vehicle
receives, it may be introduced in some form at a future date.

At this time, there are no immediate plans to include this vehicle in
the current model line-up. However, your feedback is collected and used
in the decision making process for future model years.

For more information regarding Ford's line-up of concept vehicles, we
invite you to visit www.fordvehicles.com and type in the desired vehicle
in the search engine.

Our goal is for you to enjoy the many Ford products and services in the
years to come.

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as
one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries
or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to
address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Edwin
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

----- Original Message -----
From: Ford Motor Company <mailto:crcfmc@customersupportctr.com>