• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Update to The Saga Begins

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The Steering Hack job is going to be one of the first fixes. I don't know what is going on with the Green torque Converter, the Tranny had a shift kit in it when I bought it, so maybe it's a stall converter or something.<br><br>You can see more pics at my website, that I just got a rough start on today. Of course the bronco pics were the first thing to go on it!<br><br>New Website!

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Ok, here's the latest quandry...<br>After looking over the frame/Gearbox hack job I'm wondering about the best way to fix it. Here are my options:<br>1. Simply modify the existing box mounting location to bring it up to level and put a big drop pitman arm.<br>2. Cut the hacked up piece of frame out and replace it, the problem here is finding a donor frame.<br>3. I found a complete frame in good shape for $450 locally, so I could get it replace the entire frame(Lot's of work)

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
How well did that J**p steering work??? <br>Just curious.<br>Ya got to give the guy credit for adapting that gearbox to work. Maybe it was all he could get his hands on...<br>good luck

67ster

Bronco Guru
Your goal is a noble one ! However I'll bet you will go much farther than the mods. you are thinking about now. It never fails .

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
The Jeep box actually turns really well, lots of power, but because it doesn't fit well, it is not at the correct angle, so it was impossible to get the steering geometry correct.<br><br>My thought on the guy who did it...he was able to cut out a section of the frame and rebuild it, I think he just wanted to experient, or didn't know any better