• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UPDATE: Yukon pinion gear depth marking question

Lando375

So I'm setting up the new gears and housing. I got the pinion preload all dialed in and was checking the depth and realized the factory depth marking may be wrong or am I missing something? Most of the 9" gears I've set up and seen have a depth marking of 1" and a couple thousands. Does Yukon use something different? I called but of course no one works weekends anymore.

My pinion marking is 097. To me that's .097 away from the centerline which isn't even possible. 1.097 seems far fetched as well.

What do y'all think?

OP
OP
Lando375

Lando375

Took a lot of messing around but I think I got it. I really have no idea what those numbers were for. Hows this look? Ford 9" 4.56 gears. Backlash set to .08. Looks a tad too deep but adding backlash makes it look a tad too shallow.