• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Valve stem seals

welndmn

Bronco Guru
So what size and what brand do I need?
Its a 71 302, should be stock sized valves.
Looking on Summit I have a lot of choices.
What kind should i get?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A lot of choices for a stock 302?..that seems odd. Should be only the rubber umbrella seals and not much else.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
I just had my heads rebuilt yesterday and just went to Advance and picked up a set from them. My machinist wanted new one before he put the valve train back together. My machinist was happy with them and they worked perfectly. Spent $22 total for both the intake and the exhaust seals. Just tell them you have a 71 302 and you need a set of valve stem seals. Of course they didn't have them in stock but I had them 3 hours later. Sometimes Summit makes any easy decision way too hard. IMHO

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lots of size and style, brand choices.

That's a Summit problem then..because there isn't any choice for a stock 302. The 'lots of choices' only comes in to play when you go to postitive locking aftermarket seals...and you cannot use those on stock heads.