• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage car show EB photos, umbrella optional

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I found some photos this weekend of an EB I saw in 1984 (or so) at a car show in the Roanoke Civic Center in Roanoke, VA. Notice the IH "Scout II-like" hood opening (opens from the back no the front) and the 80s airbrushing! :cool: Umbrella optional!

Anyone in the New River Valley know of this truck?

Attachments

• Roanoke1.jpg
    Roanoke1.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Roanoke2.jpg
    Roanoke2.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 227
  • Roanoke3.jpg
    Roanoke3.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 247

Johnny

I never did understand painting a picture of your truck on your truck...

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
I remember that one running around Charlottesville, VA. I'm pretty sure that's the same one a guy named Kenny Belew built. Chrome everywhere. It cought fire a while back rebuilt and sold. I looked at it when the new owner decided to sell it for $10,000. A real head turner. Not sure where it's at now.

Chris

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Look at the turn signal, it isn't straight. Could just be the picture, but that stuff bugs the Sh*T out of me.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Yep, pretty sure that is Kenny's old ride. Kevin Powell from Charlottesville Power rebuilt it and then sold it, then it dissapeared.

turbotim2

Nice looking Bronco except for the painting on the hood. My antenna is on the passengers side too. Never seen another like it and not sure why mine was put there.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Nice looking Bronco except for the painting on the hood. My antenna is on the passengers side too. Never seen another like it and not sure why mine was put there.

My truck originally had the antenna on the passenger side when I got it, total newbie question, but where should it be?

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
It definitely screams 80s, but it is a very nice ride.

How does the hood stay propped open? I can't make out any prop rods or anything in the pictures.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
nice looking eb minus the hood. I thought the airbrush stuff was a holdover from the late 70s. Not a fan of the reversed hinges either - but I'm thinking more about how often my hood is up and what a pain that would be to reach stuff - probably less relevant if I didn't have to crawl in the engine bay as often.

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
Yep, pretty sure that is Kenny's old ride. Kevin Powell from Charlottesville Power rebuilt it and then sold it, then it dissapeared.

yep that's Kenny's EB , Chris Cruz from FLA did all the air bushing early/mid 80's , I had a CJ-7 back then we went to many show's together.. We were also part of a pit crew for Tracy Kraft a narrowed white 68 EB w/ a jug on it , mud racer called "Never Surrender."
WOW did you bring back old memories for me ..lol :cool:

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
67halfer,

Wow, you just sent a chill through me mentioning Chris Cruz.... I grew up in Waynesboro and he must have airbrushed about every truck in the Valley in the early 80s. We use to cruise Main Street and hang out in the Advance Auto lot down near DuPont. I have tons of photos and memories from those days. I remember the mud racer you mentioned as well. I use to go to Bodacious, Bedford and Expoland religiously. You and I were probably there at the same time.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
My truck originally had the antenna on the passenger side when I got it, total newbie question, but where should it be?
my guess is a radio delete truck and someone just installed an aftermarket on the wrong fender.

I cruised main and Advance in the late 80's. ;D

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
67halfer,

Wow, you just sent a chill through me mentioning Chris Cruz.... I grew up in Waynesboro and he must have airbrushed about every truck in the Valley in the early 80s. We use to cruise Main Street and hang out in the Advance Auto lot down near DuPont. I have tons of photos and memories from those days. I remember the mud racer you mentioned as well. I use to go to Bodacious, Bedford and Expoland religiously. You and I were probably there at the same time.

yes sir ,,

Cruz did some work on my CJ too. I even had TM CRUZ on my plates back then. {Still have them hanging on the wall in my garage} I use to race a 3-wheeler at those locations, #79 . I too have tons of 35MM pic's from those "good old days" .. Mid-late 80's I had a white 79 F-150 I took to those same places.. I pulled out a OLD photo alum last night and looked at some pic's from Bodacious .. HS .. ;D

thanks for posting this tread , great way to spend the day at home when I can't work ..

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
yep that's Kenny's EB , Chris Cruz from FLA did all the air bushing early/mid 80's , I had a CJ-7 back then we went to many show's together.. We were also part of a pit crew for Tracy Kraft a narrowed white 68 EB w/ a jug on it , mud racer called "Never Surrender."
WOW did you bring back old memories for me ..lol :cool:

I remember Tracy Krafts' bronco at Expo. He ran 44" class then came back in the unlimited class running paddletires. He buried it both times when I was there. That thing was bad ass. My dad and I mud bogged all over the place in the mid 80's with his 66 eb. Couldn't miss it. Fingerpainted green,white and brown.%) He liked to be different:eek:

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Expoland 1983

Since we are talking Expoland in Fishersville, here is a shot from 1983 that might bring back some memories.

My light blue '77 EB and some buddies:

Attachments

• Expoland_show_1983.jpg
    Expoland_show_1983.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 25

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
Since we are talking Expoland in Fishersville, here is a shot from 1983 that might bring back some memories.

My light blue '77 EB and some buddies:

Ahh 1983. I was only 12 years old. I remeber the 3rd hole was a killer. Or should I say a deep pond.:eek: