• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wanna see pics of your Offroad Bronco's Please

OP
OP
86caprirs

86caprirs

Loc.
Chestermere, Alberta
Cgbexec...That is to pretty to be offroading. I can't see if there is a cage in her.

KB6677.....I have wondered about streatching my wheel base by pulling the rear axle back for offroading. It seems to be better on the rock and in the rough.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Heres mine, not the most radical but progressing.

Attachments

• 76Br100.JPG
    76Br100.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 76Br101.JPG
    76Br101.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 57

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cgbexec...That is to pretty to be offroading. I can't see if there is a cage in her.

KB6677.....I have wondered about streatching my wheel base by pulling the rear axle back for offroading. It seems to be better on the rock and in the rough.

MUCH more stable and successful on climbs, drops etc. Several have "stretched" over the last couple of years. We used the stock style frame design and added 12" under where the stock seats would sit(flat area) and had mandrel bent frame rails made. Moved the rear axle back an additonal 2" to help preserve the fuel tank(wanted to have room for the back seat and a tool box up top-so no fuel cell in the rear part of the eb)
Keep us updated on your mods :)

OP
OP
86caprirs

86caprirs

Loc.
Chestermere, Alberta
Now that is a good Idea. I have always seen guys move the axle back almost flush with the back of the frame and run a fuel cell. I never thought of streching the frame.

I will keep you updated on my toy. So far it is alot of repairing then testing to see what I will need to do.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Now that is a good Idea. I have always seen guys move the axle back almost flush with the back of the frame and run a fuel cell. I never thought of streching the frame.

I will keep you updated on my toy. So far it is alot of repairing then testing to see what I will need to do.

Keep us updated with your progress. I've been working on my current build for almost 2 years now :eek: but hope to have it finished by spring this year. This site is full of wonderful creativity and knowledge for some ideas on your build. Good Luck ;D

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
It's changed some since this picture, but it's close enough:
__sysMes.jpg

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL

No heavy offroading, but I would love to take her trail riding here in Florida when it is not to muddy out.

No cage yet. That is next. I didn't have room to store the cage as the Bronco and parts were taking up every last inch of my Garage. Now that the Bronco is running now is the time to put a cage in it.

Go Tac

Loc.
Sparks
Still working on it, and my goal is to be on the road this summer! You can check out parts of the build at www.youtube/go5ooh.com Good call on this thread. There are some nice rides out there!