• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN Welcome to the new forum software! - List of improvements

armynavy17

Contributor
Mobile friendly is a game changer. I don't like using Tapatalk or whatever it's called so I always just struggled through it. Thanks for all the hard work Jon!

armynavy17

Contributor
Not sure if it's already a known issue, but on a mobile device (haven't tried a computer) in the for sale section, I can't seem to find the price and other information that used to be at the top of the post anywhere.

armynavy17

Contributor
Cor
Not sure if it's already a known issue, but on a mobile device (haven't tried a computer) in the for sale section, I can't seem to find the price and other information that used to be at the top of the post anywhere.
Correction, I see it on the top two posts now. Just must have not copied over

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, that's an issue. As you said, it does show up for some ads, but many of the Classifieds ads have lost their price and location info. (so it's not a mobile vs computer view issue)

The data is still there. I just need to figure out how to tease it out of the database.

Thanks for pointing it out.

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Is there a way to compress the posts to show more posts on a screen by (say) showing just the title? I am using a PC with 27-inch monitor and I am seeing about 3 posts on the screen.
In addition to turning off the avatars, disabling signatures will help a bit more when there are signatures. I don’t think it helps unless the avatars are off.

Scott

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Thanks for your continued hard work, Jon. I know how much work goes into this. 👍

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jon today the threads seem to fill the screen of the window. But first page of a thread is still usually 1 inch plus of black nothing on each side, then when I select next page it goes wide screen again.

Not seeing anyone's screen names displayed including mine?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Not seeing anyone's screen names displayed including mine?
That should be fixed now. I was messing with a setting and edited out that code for a few minutes.

Hey Jon today the threads seem to fill the screen of the window. But first page of a thread is still usually 1 inch plus of black nothing on each side, then when I select next page it goes wide screen again.
I did make the max page width wider a couple of days ago. The part about the first page of a thread being a different width than other pages doesn't make sense to me. And I can't replicate it on my end.

Maybe do a hard refresh on your browser to clear the cached memory? Hold down "shift" and "F5" keys.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hey Jon,, I noticed my location wasn't displayed under my avatar since the software update ,,so i updated it in my account settings,,,thought I;d mention it since it seems alot of other members are missing there location being displayed as well...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure if this matters to anyone but me, but I no longer see the thread address in my notification e-mails. There is only the "view thread" button (or whatever it's current name is) to click on.
I use two separate browsers on my computer. I read messages with one browser and work on the forums with the other. It's an advantage for me then to see the address so I can copy and paste into the other browser from my e-mail.

I can make it work this way. Just bringing it up in case others follow this same practice.

Thanks!

Paul

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Looks great and no issues besides not being able to go to the first unread post in a watched thread. Instead it goes back to the original post and I have to go to the last page or two to figure out where I left off

Thanks for all the testing and hard work you continue to put in @admin

No link to the garage from our profile on the left anymore?

Last edited:

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Hey Jon,

Thanks again for the work you do, since we are overloading you with minor annoyances, here's one for feedback?
In the old account settings, I selected AL for state because there were no Canadian options, I have now updated "location" to my town and province, but cannot void my "state" selection from before, or make it blank. So now I'm in shawnigan lake BC, with AL as my state (no offence to our AL bronco members)
I don't expect you to import all location options for the 10-20 of us that don't live in the US, but is there a work around?
I really don't care much, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks again, Mike.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I no longer see the thread address in my notification e-mails. There is only the "view thread" button (or whatever it's current name is) to click on.
The issue is that the old forum sent plain text emails and the forum sends only HTML emails (I've checked and there isn't an option for plain text)

So the thread address is there, it's just dressed up all pretty in the title of the thread. Try right clicking the thread title at the top and clicking "Copy link address". This should get you what you need.

1639457238125.png

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
no issues besides not being able to go to the first unread post in a watched thread. Instead it goes back to the original post and I have to go to the last page or two to figure out where I left off
I think that's how it will be for old watched threads (ie. before the forum update). I don't think the new forum was able to pull that info from the old forum.

But going forward, any new watched thread should remember where you where and when you click on it again it should take you there.

No link to the garage from our profile on the left anymore?
It's there, but 1 click away. You need to click the person's avatar to get info like their gallery, garage, start a discussion, etc.

1639457557719.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I have now updated "location" to my town and province, but cannot void my "state" selection from before, or make it blank.
Try it now. I added a "CAN" option and an "_" option (underscore... I can't add "blank" to the list)

If you don't see the option to change your state, send me a PM and I'll look into it. (I mean "start a conversation". No longer called PM)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Am I missing the obvious here? How do we contact a member via PM, or view their stats? I tried right and left clicking on a name and an avatar and only a few choices come up. They are Follow, Ignore and Start a Conversation (that's the PM, correct?) and they come up without clicking by just hovering. I like that last bit, but wondering about other info such as their last activity date and perhaps location in case it's not in their signature?
Might be there and I just missed it due to new wording like I did "conversation" initially.

Thanks

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And one more thing for today...
I like the notifications up at the top right, and I love that the PM sessions all show up in one screen! But I no longer get a notification in the form of a pop-up message when I log on. Is that normal and expected? Did we lose the ability to have that "in your face" type of notification? It was kind of obnoxious, but it didn't let you ignore PM's that's for sure!

Thanks

paul

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
How do we contact a member via PM, or view their stats? I tried right and left clicking on a name and an avatar and only a few choices come up. They are Follow, Ignore and Start a Conversation (that's the PM, correct?) and they come up without clicking by just hovering. I like that last bit, but wondering about other info such as their last activity date and perhaps location in case it's not in their signature?
As you said, if you hover over or left click once on a person's avatar you'll see some info. There's more info there than it might seem at first glance.

From top to bottom:
- Messages - click the number to get a list of their posts/threads
- Gallery - click the number to see their photo gallery
- Garage items - click the number to see their garage
- Start Conversation - new name for PM

1639462524626.png

Then if you want to really dive deep click their avatar again. This takes you to their Profile Page. It has a lot of the same info, just displayed in more detail. But I think you're looking for the "About" tab on the far right. (light blue bar. I need to tone down that color a bit). The "About" tab has some additional info like location, state, Bronco info, etc. (keep in mind all that is optional, so not everyone has chosen to fill it in)

1639462695294.png