• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What are the best headers??

orygunbou71

Loc.
Ashland, Oregon
Hey guys. I have a 1970 bronco with a 302 in it. I am planning on going with the 5.0l efi engine swap here in the future. I just put in a np435 tranny hooked to my dana 20 t-stick with PTO for winch. My question is what are the best headers that will fit both my 302 and my future 5.0L EFI, as well as clear the np435 tranny and the driveshaft for the PTO from the Dana 20. I am really considering either wild horses 4x4 shorty ceramic coated headers r B.C. Broncos version of the shorty headers. Just looking for input from pepole that have tried them. Thanks so much!!:cool:

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what kind of exhaust flange do the wh shorties have, the ball or do they use a donut gasket, hard to tell on the website. If wh has the ball like the mustang headers then they would be a good choice. BC broncos shorties are also good, but expensive.

getfuzzy

BCB shortys! And Yes Chuck has Balls to. Or should I say Chucks headers have ball collectors. Sorry for the play on words Chuck. Great fit and I'm sold on the coating they cool down fast.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i've been reading up on headers a lot lately and it sounds like the jba and bcb headers are both nice quality and fit well, the difference being that bcb's are a little bigger and a little more expensive. if you're staying with a relatively mild 5.0 then the jba's should be fine.