• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What deg C bushings?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have a 73 bronco with a 2.5" lift on it. I need to replace the front C bushings what deg should they be? I have a set of brand new 2 deg bushing that I hope will work.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
2 1/2" coils call for 4 degree bushings. 2 degree will work, your steering return to center just wont be as aggressive. What is in there right now?

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
4 degrees to get it back to factory but the factory was nearly zero caster. I had a 2.5" lift with 4 degrees and the castor is at .5. I would go with 7's no matter what if you want better on road manners..

70_Steve

Old Guy
I guess that thing about every EB being different is true. I put a 2 1/2" lift on my Bronco 12 years ago and used 4 deg bushings, 'cause that's what the vendors recommended. Set my toe-in with a tape measure, and it drives great. The return to center feels like any other car. I've never had the front end aligned, 'cause I never felt the need, so I really don't know what the caster is.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
if you over compensate, it'll just make it track a little straighter. maybe a little more driveline angle at the pinion, but not bad. i have a total of 6º (2º built into the arms and 4º bushings) with a 2.5" lift and it handles great.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I dont know what is inthe truck now, the lift was put on by the PO. But the bushings look dry rotted. To be honest the bushings my be the stock ones! But I have not taken it apart. My 67 with 3.5" lift has 4 deg bushings and tracks straight and returns to center fine? Like they say it seems like every bronoc is different.Thanks for all the info.