• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do most strangers say or ask about your Bronco?

hdfx81

Nice truck, what year?, did you do a complete restoration?, did you cut the top or did it come that way?

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I like" So when are you gonna finish your truck????" I got that alot from my neighbor.( she was pres of home owners association).........b!tch.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My wifes most used one is--DON'T REV that THANG so much under the carport cause them fumes come in the house!!!

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I was wheeling w/ a bunch of Heeps yesterday for the topless day event , and a gal from NC said " HEY What is that ???" me--- a 72 1/2 cab bronco ,,, her - cool I like it , it's bad, and goes everywhere!! me-- yes ma'am thank you !! ;D

kept meetin folks on the trial and would hear em' say kewl bronco , love ur bronco , bad azz bronco dude.. me --:cool: what a day !! ;D

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
My favorite and also most irritating conversation went like this:

Im driving peacefully down the street and noticed getting aggressively chased down by someone. black edition AMG - obviously a guy with money. He asks me to pull into a gas station and the conversation ensues.

Guy: Nice truck man. I had one of those in highschool. Ive been looking to buy one. What year is it?

Me: Thanks man. Its a 72.

(long bs in between)

Guy: wanna sell it?
Me: Nope! Im not even done restoring her yet.
Guy: Aw cmon man. Name your price.
Me: Not for sale hence no price.

(long bs in between)

Guy: Everything is for sale. Its just a matter of price.
Me: Your wifes hot - she for sale too?
Guy: You made your point. What is it with you hotrod guys not wanting to part with your rides.............

Got back into the rig and drove off. I was getting so pissed at this guy. Im sure all of you have experienced that one person who will just not let you go. ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I had a young guy come to the door late one evening as we were trying to eat and just did not want to take no for an answer.Kept telling me what all his dad owned and usually got what he wanted and I said I usually keep what I wanted.Just would not leave for the longest and I tried to keep cool til he left.Almost runt my meal!! lol

Gene :)o==:eek:)

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Really, you have three of them?..........I wish I was you ( Hangs head and gets in minivan ). Ok, that never happened.

I would say the most common is "What year is that?" and " I always wanted one, my (insert friend or relative) had one when I was a kid "

jray

Most people ask what year it is, say they really like it, and ask what all have you done to it?

sriha

Kind of quite in my area, most people just stare. Sometimes get the Jeep question.

kimera

Mostly people just pile on the compliments. It's really unbelievable the response. I've had some pretty out-there sports cars and nothing gets the attention of my Bronco. I think it's retro cool and unthreatening, so people just open up. I get as many comments from women as men.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
over half say "Nice Bronco" The others, gotta Educate!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
My favorites are the older folks - in their 70s+ who share really heart-felt stories on how they had a Bronco growing up or on the farm. You can see them getting sentimental - its like a time capsule - glad the Bronco can bring back fond memories.

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
Literally last night (1am) I was in the drive thru at taco bell, and a girl from the car behind me walked up, opened the door an got in. She said "you have a really hot truck!" She got back out and we all went to the bar. I won't bore you with the details after that:cool: Best so far.

Shouldnt that have started with " things like this dont usually happen to me......." and end getting moved to the perv thread? ;D

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Bronco Flower Pot

Ghost whats the flower pot made out of? The wife likes it!! Don't mean to derail the thread though.%)

You mean this one I presume, it's carved out fo a tree stump, very heavy

Attachments

• 800xbronco_planter_5-25.jpg
    800xbronco_planter_5-25.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37

BroncinBrandon

Loc.
Tri-City Az
I get alot of people saying "I've never seen a Bronco with the fenders still on it" Followed by "are you going to cut them out?"

Then ofcourse, the basic jeep comments, or wanna sell...

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I get "that's a cute little truck", "Have you ever taken the top off?", "Have you ever taken it off-road?", "Do you want to sell it?", and my favorite non-verbal comment..."Hmm..(and they walk away)".