• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What does your Bronco smell like?

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Mine hasn't aquired a distinctive smell yet, haven't had it out of the garage in a few years. Hopefully when I do get it running I can get some cow manure smell all over it.

I think Lil Hotz Jr BIG DOG smells like BIG FOOT.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Some of it smells like fresh paint, unfortunately the other half smells like a old whore on welfare check day.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Seriously though... what is that Bronco smell? They definitely have a distinctive smell. It gets in my hair and clothes and I can't get it out. Even when I'm somewhere without a Bronco, I'll catch a whiff. "Something smells like Bronco."

Dixie smells like gas and antifreeze... yeah, I got some leaks.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I don't think mine has a smell. it used to smell like old upholstery and carpet, but all that crap is gone.
I almost always have the windows cracked open...so it usually smells a little like a pine forest, then it smells like dirt road after I get movin.
every now and then the thermostat will stick closed, and it'll smell like antifreeze...but once it pops open that smell goes away quick.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Heus33 , care to chime in on this one?

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
mine has that smell that you've smelled for so long that you don't notice it any more. I'll have to as an innocent bystander sometime... :p

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Those hoods do take quite a bit of abuse without caving in, don't they?;)
Yeah, the best place to lay on is the left or the right side but not the middle...
Why do I know this?...............

Flippin71FI

Loc.
Stockton
Well now don't I feel lame. Mine just smells like the Starbucks that got spilled when pulling into work this morning. My coworker had to eet two for herself this morning and the second one spilled...across my dash and onto my floor.

AZMike

Loc.
Flagstaff
Depends on the day and what I've been doing here are some of the smells:

- Old
- Antifreeze
- Gasoline
- Car exhaust
- My exhaust (usually the day after eating at Burritos Fiesta)
- Wet dog
- Dry dog
- Wet dog w/ a hint of skunk
- Lunch
- Rain
- Mud
- Burning (it smells like burning!)

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
You guys are too much. I don't know if it's the Hollywood lifestyle in Southern California or the fact that I did a really good job at patching any holes in my truck from the engine bay to the inside of the truck, but here's how it use to smell:

• fuel
    exhaust
    burning oil
    moldy

• Aftere the repair it some air freshners later it only smells like fuel when I have to fuel her up. Plus, getting a new exhaust aided in suppression of the noxious fumes.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Depends on the day and what I've been doing here are some of the smells:

- Old
- Antifreeze
- Gasoline
- Car exhaust
- My exhaust (usually the day after eating at Burritos Fiesta)
- Wet dog
- Dry dog
- Wet dog w/ a hint of skunk
- Lunch
- Rain
- Mud
- Burning (it smells like burning!)

Is the burning from the burritos:-X ;D Mine smells like stc soft top and broncocovers.com since I haven't been in it almost all year:cry: