• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
started it up and the tranny still hasn't fixed itself?:?

Looks like you subscribe to the same school of thought as me, I hate hunting the little annoyances so I just let them become big annoyances so I can easily spot the issue or they go away, a few of them have miraculously healed themselves. I call it faith based mechanics.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Got tired of listening to the spring from the vent window at the inside bottom of door. So I finally took 5 mins to get it out. Wanted to drive it this weekend but I never did got get it reg. this week, and I know the 5.0 will be out and about all weekend, so I better play it safe.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...a few of them have miraculously healed themselves. I call it faith based mechanics.

Yep, I've been there. Actually our very own C4 Wizard, BwoncoHowie, told me (when I said my C4 wasn't shifting right after sitting 4 years) to put a few miles on it first before tearing into it. About 500 miles later, she started working just fine. ;)

OBTW, where the heck is BH? Haven't heard from him here in about a year or better. ?:?

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Got new tires, installed new u-joints and put the driveshaft back in, bled brakes, cleaned up wiring, started it up to find a horrid squeal. Pretty sure it's a vacuum leak at the carb base. Looks like I'll be pulling it off AGAIN.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Fired up the sandblaster and wore the front driver's side fender out. Then attempted to blast the grill and just got tired of standing in the sun. Was able to blast the fuel filler hose as well and got it painted up. All the while, my wife was sanding the cowl and core support. Broke out the body tools and straightened up some bent metal on both the fender and grill before laying on some rattle can primer. All-in-all, a productive day. Round two tomorrow and I hope to have the grill sanded down and primered.

markperry

Bronco Guru
After replacing just about everything, theirs not much to do! EFI project will probably change that soon enough:)

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Finally finished replacing all the spliced / jerry-rigged / bedliner sprayed / frayed and taped together wiring in the engine compartment. Almost every wire from the firewall forward is brand new. (and there is no system or reason to the wire colors I used. %) ) Now I'm adjusting the carb floats (again).

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Replaced the motor mounts in the 67 today. These were definitely the originals and they fought me every step of the way. Wish the tranfer case bushing would have shown up already so I could button this part up.

Afternoon work...sandblasted the headlight rings and the remainder of the grill. Some finish sanding to do and the grill and front fender will be ready to reinstall when the new hardware shows up next week.

Last edited:

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
Finally finished replacing all the spliced / jerry-rigged / bedliner sprayed / frayed and taped together wiring in the engine compartment. Almost every wire from the firewall forward is brand new. (and there is no system or reason to the wire colors I used. %) ) Now I'm adjusting the carb floats (again).

Nice! Almost ready for It's drive to Oregon towing the moving trailer....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bvjjjt
1966,351,m5od,205....3.5" lift, 2" body, 35's,

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Spent an hour and changed the door panels. Went from this

preview_image_0_92792652x.jpg

To this

preview_image_0_23589132x.jpg

crankman

Well ordered new 4 core radiator, its time been putting it off now summer is here got to do it. Mine has been leaking from a bunch os small tiny spots just going to go new. :cool: