• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what headers will work with gt40-p heads

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
could not find it on a search, but i know it has been discussed. thx.

JGZ

Bronco Hut has what you are looking for.They have them made by sanderson.Nice set of pipes.Give Mellisa a call and she can hook you up.303-663-1455

briancave

X2 on the Bronco Hut headers. I got the uncoated ones and painted them black. They still look pretty good but if I did it again I would probalbly buck up for the ceramic coated ones. Get the aluminum collector gaskets from Sanderson or Bronco hut if they have them. I used fiber ones and they blew out almost immediately. Also they dont use header gaskets, just rtv. Seems suspect but seems to work so far.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I made some midlength headers from Summit work, and it was only a little tweaking. WAY cheaper. Let me see if I can find the part number--I no longer own the Bronco in question.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you are wanting long tube headers, there are a couple of members here that are using the Ultra Flow headers that Jeff's Bronco Graveyard carries. I am sorry but I cannot remember their member names here. But I do remember talking with one of them by PM and him telling me that he only had a minor problem at one spark plug using the Ultra Flow's and GT40P heads. I think they are made for Jeff by L&L.I know everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, but I guess I'm just too old school and my apologies for that,but to me short tubes are not real headers.

BroncoBrandon

I have a set of Doug Thorley long headers made for a 302. I have minimal issues with the fitment of the headers to the gt40p heads. The only real issue that I have is clearance on the #7 spark plug. Its tight fit to get the spark plug in and I have to run wires with 90 degree boots on both ends to avoid the header tube from melting the wire.

All the others have sufficient clearance and I have not had any issues so far.

SteamDonkey

Loc.
Olympia
I have a set of Doug Thorley long headers made for a 302.

do you now the model number? Made for 302 Bronco?

old thread...hope some one sees this

have motor being built with gt40p heads...really relly want long tubes...

thanks

steamdonkey

SteamDonkey

Loc.
Olympia
Headers for GT40P heads

just got a set of headers from Stans-Headers in Auburn Washington.... these are guaranteed to work with early bronco using GT40P HEADS... Called the shop and asked specifically before ordering... Stan himself assured me these will work with no hassles, then referred me Anne in the office to order them .. turned out the model #255 I needed was out of stock...No problem she says "we can build them next week"...I ordered on Wednesday afternoon and they were on my door step the following Thursday... When I opened the box found the headers had my name the model# and month & year made stamped into the inside of the flange on both pieces....Came with Gaskets a nice set of mounting bolts 2- 3 bolt flange to head pipe adapters flange gaskets & bolts as well as a cool old school t-shirt and some stickers..... Stans-Headers / Stan has been building headers since 1962 I'll have pictures up in a few weeks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like a great company to deal with. Know of them, but have never dealt with them myself. Congrats on finding a set.

Why wait for pics? Let's see some now!
I know, even more cool to see them installed, but hey, now you've got us interested.

Paul

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Look up the recent thread on it. I think they said the 96 explorer heads have the right spark plug angle to work on any bronco specific headers.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
$663 for uncoated.
A little pricey.
Let us know how they work out.

SteamDonkey

Loc.
Olympia
Stans-Headers for bronco gt40p heads

could not find it on a search, but i know it has been discussed. thx.
Hi i just purchased a set of Stan's Headers model 255 I called the shop and according to Stan himself these work with the gt40p heads with no mods needed. http://www.stans-headers.com/Photos/255-1.jpg I have not put them on yet and will post some pics when I do....Stan and Stans Headers has been building custom headers since 1962.(let that sink in... I'm 63, he's been making headers since I was 6)... they are a little pricey but very high quality and beautiful workmanship... when i called to order them they were out of stock but Anne at front desk says "no problem, he'll build you some next week... I ordered them Wednesday afternoon and they were delivered to my door the following Thursday..came with gaskets, mounting bolts, 3bolt flange to exhaust pipe adapters /gaskets/ bolts a cool t-shirt and stickers...upon inspection I found my name, the model # and month and year built stamped into the block side of both mounting flanges "nice touch"

Stan is famous for his tri y headers

Hope this helps SteamDonkey